New Home

Nate sat up in bed and looked around his room at the ever-growing group of Yo-kai that lived with him. Whisper was floating on his back, still sleeping. Jibanyan was curled up at the foot of his bed. Jillinyan was sprawled out on the floor, just opening her eyes. Lastly, there was Willo who was nowhere to be found. Nate looked around the room again, wondering where the female ghost Yo-kai had gone.
On the contrary, when Jillinyan noticed that Willo wasn't around, she was ecstatic. "She's gone! Oh, happy day!"
Jillinyan's shrieks woke Whisper who quickly floated down through the floor boards to investigate Willo's disappearance. In no time at all, he floated back up into Nate's room. "Actually, Willo floated through the floor in her sleep." Whisper explained.
"Rats!" Jillinyan hissed.
Willo, still half asleep, floated up not long after Whisper. "I'm not used to having a floor that I can float through," she mumbled, more to herself than anyone else.
"I don't know what you guys plan on doing, but I need to get to school." Nate told Willo and Jillinyan. Since they tagged along when Nate went to school, Whisper began shaking Jibanyan in an attempt to wake him.
"Clearly we're coming with you. It's not like we have much of a choice." Willo pointed out, reminding him of how they got dragged along no matter where he went.
"You guys are invisible to humans, right?" Nate asked, worried. He had just remembered that some Yo-kai were visible to humans, for example, Manjimutt.
Both Yo-kai shook their heads. "We can be invisible if we choose to, though!" Jillinyan piped up when she saw Nate looking discouraged.
"I guess that'll work," Nate shrugged as he began getting ready for school.

000

"I'm gonna be late!" Nate exclaimed as he turned the last corner, seeing his school up ahead. He sprinted with everything he had, not wanting to be late.
Jillinyan slowed to a walk, panting and gasping. "Man, twenty-one decades can really get a Yo-kai out of shape."
"Are you coming, Slow poke?" Willo sneered from where she floated along effortlessly beside Nate.
"I'm going to get you for that, you little marshmallow!" Jillinyan screeched, bursting into another sprint.
"Come on, I'm not getting any slower over here." Willo taunted the half-cat Yo-kai.
"Will you two just quit it already?" Nate panted.
"No kidding," Jibanyan muttered in agreement.
"Get back here, Marshmallow Brain!" Jillinyan spat.
"Try to catch up with me, Kitten." Willo replied, looking rather smug.
"Good grief, you guys are acting like five-year-olds." Nate muttered.
"Hey!" Willo and Jillinyan exclaimed.
"Nate, I think I heard the first bell ring," Jibanyan said.
"Oh man, I'm late," Nate moaned.
"I have failed as your butler!" Whisper scolded himself, smacking himself in the face with his Yo-kai-pad.
"You failed a long time ago." Jibanyan corrected him.
"You failed before you died." Jillinyan added.
Eventually, Nate got to his class, though he arrived a whole two minutes late. "Why are you so late?" his teacher asked angrily.
"I woke up late?" Nate replied, trying to think of an excuse.
"Is that a statement or a question?" the teacher questioned him.
"Um...." Nate mumbled.
"Just take a seat," his teacher sighed.
"O-okay," Nate stammered, hurrying to his seat.
"Nate, what happened? You never get to school late." Eddie whispered from behind him.
Being the troublemaker she is, Jillinyan blew in Eddie's ear, causing him much confusion. "What was that?" He wondered aloud. Jillinyan giggled mischievously behind him.
"Jillinyan!" Nate growled.
"Did you say something?" Eddie asked him.
"Nothing," Nate replied quickly. Nate glared at the half cat Yo-kai who responded only with a smirk.
"One of these days, karma will come back to bite you." Willo warned her.
"Nah," Jillinyan dismissed the idea with a flick of her tails, one of which smacked Willo in the face again.
"Nate, you really should pay attention to your teacher." Whisper pointed out, floating close to Nate's head. Just as he said that, the teacher gave Nate a final warning glance. "After that you can't say that I'm never right about anything."
"Jillinyan what are you doing?" Willo exclaimed suddenly. As subtly as he possibly could, Nate glanced over to see Jillinyan poking Eddie's headphones and shifting them slightly forward or backward. The half-cat Yo-kai giggled to herself all the while.
"I'm messing with his headphones. What does it look like I'm doing?" Jillinyan answered.
"Well, it kind of looked like you were getting us caught." Willo spat.
"He can't even see us." Jillinyan scoffed, rolling her eyes.
"But he can tell you're there!" Willo pointed out.
"Which makes it even more fun to confuse him," Jillinyan laughed.
"Just quit it already, Jillinyan." Nate moaned.
"Alright. Alright. I'll take a cat nap," Jillinyan sighed. With that said, she laid down on Nate's desk and fell asleep almost instantly.
"Jillinyan, get off of my desk." Nate growled through his teeth, trying to push her off.
"Don't make yourself look stupid by pushing air. I'll move her," Willo said. Part of her ghostly tail morphed into a leg, and she kicked Jillinyan onto the floor with all of her might.