That Fang Called Love [boyxboy] Prologue

Paris 1866

The young man walked through the streets with a gentleman’s pride. It was just gone 10pm and he’d walked his lady in courting back to her home, the Pebblewood Estate. Like he, she came from a well off and well talked about family. The Pebblewood’s and the Laurence’s were very pleased with his courting of her. He himself hadn’t really fancied it but after much badgering from his mother he went ahead and courted Lady Elizabeth Pebblewood.

Whistling a simple tune, his hands in his trousers pockets, as he smelt the fine oaky scent that lingered in the night’s air. It reminded him of his childhood, days spent at the lake, racing boats with his elder brothers. It was the turn of the fall; the leaves were just starting to brown, the air just starting to get a little nippy.

It was his favourite time of year, it was the time of year where you couldn’t be too hot and you could never be too cold. Deciding it wasn’t that late, and tramps shouldn’t be out, he took a short cut home. He walked with a bounce in his step and a swing in his arms; behind him he heard very carefully placed steps. The person walking behind him matched his speed.

Fearing it could be a mugger he picked up the pace, almost making it to the mouth of the alley. Yes almost. The figure appeared out of nowhere. Red eyes shone out the darkness to him, matched with pearly white teeth. Some looked irregularly long. The figure swooped down on him, knocking him to the floor in ease.

He felt teeth pierce his skin a scream left his mouth. He tried to fight but this person was too strong. Not being used to being over powered, panic flooded through his system and then pain as the person drew blood from his body. He let out a whimper and a question fell from his mouth:

“Why?”

The figure pulled back and looked at him, in a stunned voice he whispered “Javen… oh no sorry Javen I’m so sorry. Here drink this”

Hot red liquid was forced into Javen’s mouth, he couldn’t really taste it, but it made him feel energized, latching his lips onto the opening he drank greedily. Then the liquid was gone. Javen opened his eyes and saw his brother standing there looking at him sympathetically.

“Nate? What happened? What’s going on?” Javen asked his older brother, the fear clear in his voice.

“I’m sorry to do this to you Jay” Nate whispered. Nate leant forwards and placed a hand either side of Javen’s face. And then he snapped his neck, dropping his brother’s dead body to the ground.

-x--------x-