That Fang Called Love [boyxboy] [5]

Javen P.O.V

I shot that Harry kid a look and he stared back at me with surprise and fear. Mrs Bass nodded at me and I got up following Ezra out the class, I strained my hearing and heard him crying not to far away, I picked up the pace moving just quicker than a human could, but I had to find him. I saw him leant against the wall at the side of the cafeteria.

“I’m sorry I’m so pathetic” he mumbled, he didn’t even look up so I didn’t know that he’d seen me.

“Your not pathetic Z, that Harry kid is just jealous that you get to be who you are and he has to pretend to be something he’s not so others will accept him. It’s not the type of life you want to live, trust me I know. You can only pretend for so long”

He smiled weakly at me, and I surprised us both by wrapping my arms around him and crushing him to my chest. Hesitantly he hugged me back, but then after a while I felt his body relax and he melted into the hug. I heard his tears and I stroked the back of his head holding him as he cried. Whatever it was that had happened to him I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

I could see the way it was destroying him. I pulled a packet of cigarettes out my pocket and handed it to him, he took it a grin on his face before he looked at me confused.

“But you don’t smoke Javen?” he whispered.

“But you do… and for now my job is to make you happy, and once we’ve got that sorted then we’ll start with the no smoking and no drugs policy to our friendship”

He just laughed, holding the cigarettes out towards me “No I’m good, I don’t need a cigarette now, I’ve got you, you’ll keep me strong right?”

“Right, I’m here for you, whatever you need, whenever you need”

“Well then can I ask you one quick favour?”

I cracked a smile “Yes of course, what is it?”

“Can you take me to the hospital please?”

----------

I followed him into the hospital room, I looked around nervously, as a vampire I didn’t like being in a hospital, there was just bags of fresh blood just sitting around everywhere. Such temptations weren’t good especially wen trying to hold a cover. Connor sometimes broke into the hospital and stole their blood bags for us. It was a people replacement, but it wasn’t as warm as the real fresh right-out-of-the-body stuff.

An unfamiliar guy was lying on the bed staring up at the TV; he had flowers, cards and teddies covering every surface of his room. He turned to face us when he heard our footsteps. His face didn’t show any signs of recognition when they landed on Ezra, but when he looked at me; he immediately gripped the sheets in fear.

“You” he said “Have you come to finish me off? Is this what you here for?”

I looked back at him confused. I took a step forward and he cowered from me in the bed. I exchange a look with Ezra “I’m sorry sir but do I know you?” I asked.

He chuckled, but it was a sinister laugh instead of a joyful laugh “Of course you know me. Does this jog your memory?” he said pulling down his hospital gown to show us the horrible gash on the side of his neck. Well it would look like a gash to Ezra but I saw it for what it was. A vampire bite. But it wasn’t me I knew that for sure.

“Sir I’m Ezra Corbusier, I’m the guy that found you, this is my friend Javen Laurence” Ezra said walking towards the man.

The man’s eyes flickered back to Ezra’s “Your different” the guy whispered to Ezra “Your normal… different… human. Not him, he’s not, don’t listen to him he’s not”