That Fang Called Love [boyxboy] [6]

Ezra P.O.V

“Hi Javen” I said standing next to the table in the cafeteria where he sat having lunch with his brother. He smiled at me, and I smiled back, butterflies were fluttering around my stomach as I thought back to our date like lunch yesterday.

“Hey Z, sit down” he pulled out the chair next to him and I sat down. Nate sat there smirking at me and I looked down at my food fighting a blush.

“Why aren’t you having lunch with Skylar?” Nate asked leaning back in his chair.

I stared at him, still scared and unsure about what happened the other day; it worried me more that Nate was playing it off like nothing happened. Did Javen have a word with him, I sent Javen and admiring look but he wasn’t looking at me.

“She’s upset with me” I said sighing.

“Why because your hanging around with my brother instead of her?”

I gaped at him, how did he know that? I nodded my head “Yeah something like that. I didn’t answer my phone yesterday and it annoyed her that I was with Javen”

“So did you have a good time on your date yesterday?” Nate asked tauntingly.

I blushed as Javen snapped “Enough Nate, leave me and Ezra alone to have lunch”

Nate stood up grinning at me “Two lunch dates in a row, be careful Z he’ll be proposing next” Nate teased. Javen just picked up an orange off my tray and launched it at his brother. I don’t know how Nate dodged it but he did and with elegance.

“Javen I wanted to eat that orange” I whined. But before Javen could reply Nate threw the orange back at him, hitting him on his arm.

Javen jumped up and ran out after Nate, leaving his bag and food with me. I sighed and picked up my sandwich taking a huge bite into it. I felt a presence in Javen’s seat, I turned to look at the person and nearly chocked on my sandwich when I saw who it was. Harry King, an open gay basher at our school.

“Hey gay boy, where’s your boyfriend run off too?” he said smirking and gesturing around to Javen’s stuff.

“Which one, I heard your brother was looking for a hook up” I retorted bravely. Everyone knew that Harry’s older brother was gay, a fact that Harry disowned him for. I didn’t understand how someone could have so much hate for a blood relative, and how could Harry be a homophobe when his brother was a homo. The whole thing didn’t make sense.

“Listen here smart arse, you leave my fucking brother out of this”

“Or what?”

His face turned into an angry scowl, and I saw that I’d crossed a line. I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the blow to my face, but instead I felt it in my stomach, I hugged my body falling off the chair onto the floor. Harry got on his knees next to me and tried to punch me again, but surprising myself I let out a punch hitting him square in the jaw.

Students around us in the canteen got up and started shouting ‘fight, fight, fight’ but I was to busy trying to keep my face away from Harry’s fist. Who knew how I was going to explain that bruise to my parents. At least the ones on the rest of my body I could cover up, I felt another blow to my stomach, this one made me yell out in pain.

I pushed on Harry’s shoulders, rolling us round so that his back was against the floor; I punched him in the stomach. Some sort of violent instinct came over me and I had no idea what it was. Harry kneed me in the stomach as I drew back my fist to punch him again. Suddenly two arms encircled my waist, scooping me up off the floor.