Chapter12

"Potter," we heard a voice call from our left. "You see father and I have a little bet going. I say you wouldn't last 10 mintues in the tournament, he says 5." Malfoy sneered, jumping down from the tree while his baffoons, Pansy pug-face and Jessica laughed/

"I dont give a damn what youre father thinks Malfoy. He's vial and cruel." spat Harry

"Why you-"

"Oh dont you see Harry? You should take that as a compliment since well," I looked at Malfoy's gray eyes, "this git wouldn't even last a whole minute in the tournament." Harry laughed

"Oooh the girl has some guts does she now? You shouldn't even be saying anything since well you are a first year," Malfoy said sneering, walking  towards me.

I laughed taking a step near him to show him that he didn't threaten me at all. "Thats your comback? I guess I thought too highly of you since that wasn't even a comeback."

We were face to face inches apart, why did we always end up like this? I could see the dark blue flecks in his eyes, then I saw partly anger as he started to withdraw his wand.

But before he could grasp it, I heard someone and then I saw a white ferret standing where Malfoy was just seconds ago.

"Aw I like the ferret better can I keep him as a pet?" I asked watching it fly in the air while the now formed crowd laughed.

"Be careful it probably has rabies," said Harry and I laughed. Then the ferret went into Crabbe's pants.

"Moody what are you doing?" shrieked McGonagall.

"Teaching," he grunted which made me laugh so hard tears were forming.

"Is that a student?!" she shrieked and her voice went up on a higher pitch.

Then Malfoy was turned back to human. "Aw darn," I muttered and he just ran away with his buffoons at his tail. Well he didn't really have a tail anymore....

"Come on let's get to potio't ns," I said tugging at Harry's arm while we walked down to potions with Snape. Yaye.

"5 gallons Malfoy doesn't come to class," I said to Harry as we were almost at potions.

"Only if I say that he isn't in class," he said and I laughed.

"Nope." I popped the p.

"Fine no deal," he said as we entered the classroom, arms linked.

We looked around the room and laughed, no Malfoy or his baffoons but Evan was here suprisingly.

"I'll see you later," I said to Harry and walked over to Evan

"What you didn't want to go help out your best friend and skip class?" I asked smartly.

"Ha Ha," he said and we both laughed at the situation. "That was pretty hilarious though, he so deserved that!'

"So true," I agreed and then everything went back to normal during Potions.

When I walking out of the classroom I felt someone pull my arm. I laughed thinking it was just Evan since we try to keep our very close friendship on the downlow.

"Evan let me go," I said and then I heard a laugh.

"Gotta thing for Evan huh Smith?" I heard his deep voice ask me and I knew who it was.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"What? I can't not talk to someone?" he inquired.

"Again what do you want?" I spat again getting impatient and hungry. I just wanted to eat.

"To warn you," he smirked.

"What?"

"Warn you. Which word do you not get?" he said smirking but making it sound like I was as dumb as the Slytherins.

"I get that but from what?" I asked impatiently.

"You'll see but don't say that I didn't warn you. Don't mess with a Slytherin," he said getting into my face yet again. We stared at eachother for a moment and then he left me standing there dumbfounded.

My stomach growled so I shook off the words that Malfoy just said to me and headed down to get some food.