Chapter 7: Magical School; full of surprises

When we finally got back up to the school, my stomach was growling, my body was aching for sleep and my mind was racing with thoughts. But yet I couldn't be happier.

I jumped off the carriage almost losing my balance but recovering without anyone noticing, smoothed out my robes and walked along side with Ginny.

"You'll love the first feast, it's always fun. It may be quite a while wait for food but it's worth it," she said smiling to me and we entered the huge doors of the school. I still remembered coming here in the beginning of the summer. It felt like yesterday to me.

When we got to the Grand Hall, the room was buzzing with so much noise and hugging and laughing. I walked in confidently, knowing that I would definitly love it here, still side by side with Ginny.

"Becca! Hey Becca!" I heard a voice call and I turned my head toward a table all the way on the end. Then I saw the hand waving and the brightly lit face of Cedric Diggory.

We kept in touch over the summer and he was really sweet. I like Cedric but I don't think I could any more than a friend to him. I just hope his feelings are mutal.

I smiled and waved back and he was already saying something to his friends and walking over to me. He got some pats on the back and they looked over either to watch him or to look at me.

"Oooh, I'm just gonna go say hi to someone, have fun," Ginny said and she winked and walked away.

When Cedric caught up with me some students actually stopped talking to look or to see who I was or where Cedric was going. He came over smiled and hugged me. I, shocked, hugged him too. He was lanky but I could feel the muscles under him.

Probably from playing so much Quidditich.

"Hey how was your summer?" I asked as we pulled away and saw his crooked smile and green eyes.

"Pretty good, I missed you. We haven't talked in a while," this was true. We never wrote back to one another for a while since he was going on vacation and such.

"Yeah missed you too. I found out that I'm pretty good at Quidditich!" I said excitedly. I forgot to tell him about my Quidditich playing with the Weasleys.

"Excellent! I knew you were going to be good. So does this mean I'm gonna see you out on the field?" he joked and I laughed.

"You'll just have to wait and see," I smirked and then we saw that everyone was taking their seats. "So I'll see you around?"

"Yeah you will don't worry," we both laughed and said our goodbyes heading for different tables. Him on Ravenclaw and myself in Gyrffindor.

"So what did Cedric, want to say?" asked Ginny and she giggled as I sat down next to her and a kid I did not know.

"Oh just to say hi and stuff," I said and waved my hand. Everytime I would mention Cedric or his name would come up while I was in the room, she will always say that we are the perfect couple and blah blah blah. Honestly I don't think of him as anymore than a friend. He's just too nice and a goodie-too-shoes for me.

"Uh huh," she said smirking.

I heard obnoxious laughing coming from behind me to my left so I turned around and it was Malfoy and his goons laughing at something the cute guy said obnoxiously. Of course their table would be right next to Gryffindors and they would be sitting near me.

I swear my luck can be cursed sometimes.

Just then the doors opened to reveal very small and very scared looking first years. Some were shaking either from the water or from fear. I struggled to hold in my laughter at the sight of them. They really need to grow some courage, we all went through this; well except for me.