Chapter Sixteen

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Maddi’s POV*

I walked down the stairs this morning to see Kale and Carter eating breakfast at the island in the middle of the kitchen. I silently moved about them, grabbing a bowl and some cereal and finally filling it up.

“Good morning, beautiful,” Carter said.

I smiled at him and muttered a good morning while shoving a spoonful of Raisin Bran down my throat. He smiled at me and I blushed, looking down at my bowl.

“Ow,” I heard him mutter. “Dude what the hell?”

“Stop staring at her like that!” Kale exclaimed.

“She’s my girlfriend! What do you expect me to do? Ignore her?”

“Well…”

“I’m not going to ignore her,” he stated and got up and walked over to me.

I looked up at him and smiled. He descended his lips to mine in a gentle kiss.

“Stop!” Kale whined.

I giggled when I pulled away from him and stared at Kale. He was pouting.

“What’s your problem?” I asked him with a laugh.

“You’re stealing my best friend!”

“Dude, are you serious right now?” Carter questioned, looking at him funny.

He went over and hugged my brother. They stood there patting each other’s backs, making me laugh. These two had a major bromance going on. I’m pretty sure if I wasn’t careful, my brother would take my boyfriend.

“No girl can tear us apart man,” Carter said quietly, rubbing Kale’s hair.

“Alright lovers, let’s stop being mushy and get to school before we’re late,” I chuckled and walked out to the car.

The guys followed after and we drove to school.

*Leighton’s POV*

I was walking down the hallway to homeroom this morning and I was shocked at what I saw when I got to the room. There was Maddi with some guy who was smiling at her and twirling her hair in his fingers. Then he leaned forward and they formed an intimate lip lock. I walked past them, trying to ignore the make out session. I walked in the door and took a seat in the back after saying hello to Ms. McDonald. A few seconds later, Maddi came walked in and sat down next to me, but she didn’t say anything.

“Hey, where were you yesterday?” I asked her.