1 year anniversary special part 5

Hey guys!! I'm back. Just got back a few hours ago and I'm here to update just like I said I would :) Enjoy and thanks for the wait

"Are we almost there??".

Twilight sighed tiredly. "I don't know. I think so".

Pinkie sighed. Always so impatient. Applejack managed a smile and shook her head at her friend. They never change.

Applejack looked down at the forrest ground. She trudged through the snow, her boots and warm socks keeping the snow from freezing her feet to ice.

The group had been walking in the freezing cold for hours. Every time they thought they had arrived at the castle, their hopes were crushed. It would be just an old watch tower or something.

"When are we going to get there, Twilight??", Rarity asked. "I'm freezing and my fingers are nearly numb. It seems like we've hardly made any progress".

The girls came to a snow covered dirt path. They started to follow it, Twilight in front.

"I'm not sure, Rarity", Twilight said. "Hopefully soon. I know we're all tired and cold. But let's just focus on Rainbow. She probably doesn't even have long sleeves on or even a jacket on her. Maybe she's starving".

Rarity sighed sadly. "I'm worried too. The poor thing must be scared, being all alone. I can't imagine what she's been through".

Applejack kept silent. She had an idea of what Rainbow went through. Lonliness, probably terrified right now, starving and cold and having no idea where she is. She was probably going through hell for all they knew.

Applejack shook the thought out of her mind. She had to keep focused. She suddenly collided with something, making her stop.

"What the??".

Applejack looked up. She saw the girls and Spike had stopped. She looked over at what they were looking at. Her eyes widened.

"Oh mah celestia".

A Manticore.

"Hide", Pinkie whispered.

The group silently got down and hid behind whatever they could. They peeked out at the beast. It was gigantic and black and had a turquoise colored mane and eyes. There was an evil look to it.

"Ah'm guessin' Crystal put that thin' as a guard ta keep an eye on Rainbow so no one can get to her", Applejack said. "She's probably around here somewhere".

The Manticore was pacing. It seemed to be guarding a gate way.

Twilight gasped quietly. She looked at the others.

"That's the entrance to the castle of the two sisters", she said. "We have to get past that thing and then we're there".

"But how??", Fluttershy asked.

The others looked at Fluttershy, smirking. Fluttershy looked around. She saw their faces and shrunk back.

"I know what you're thinking", she said. "Do I have to??".

"Fir Rainbow", Applejack said. "Ta get to her, you gotta get that Manticore away from the gate".

"You can do it, Fluttershy", Rarity said. "We know you can".

The yellow skinned woman sighed and gave a nod, a brave look on her face

"I'll do it for Rainbow Dash".

Fluttershy stood up. She came out of hiding.

The Manticore immediately saw her and growled. Fluttershy approached the beast bravely.