Pretend It's OK

Charlotte's POV

I moved the final box and stood up looking around my old room. It felt so surreal looking back at the space I called my sanctuary for literally all my life. I thought back to all the: movies, sleepovers, talk sessions, game nights, etc. I had with my former best friends Henry and Jasper throughout the years. I say former for the both of them because as my life unraveled before my very eyes I noticed that Jasper, the boy I've known since I was six (I skipped Kindergarten). He doesn't know me very well; he does not notice the little hints that I display or say when something is bothering me. He only really notices buckets and his girlfriend Chloe.

Now moving on to Henry Hart. I know what you're thinking; Charlotte you forgave Henry for what happened. You understand that he had to do what he did in order to save your life. And, yes I have forgiven him and yes I do understand. I will always be grateful that he sacrificed himself in order to give me a chance at life. No matter how hurtful and life changing that sacrifice was to both of us. However, Henry has changed no he is not a bully, no he is not suicidal and no he doesn't ignore me. He is having a hard time coping with what life dealt us. He can't forgive hisself at the moment, but I believe with time and care he can learn to move on. He can learn to forgive.

Although, it's kind of funny that he begged me for months to forgive him. But, in the end he couldn't even learn to forgive hisself. This is why I decided to not tell him about the baby. I don't think he can handle it; he hates hisself enough as it is. I want him to be happy and move on, but he can't do that if he can't learn to forgive. 

I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I closed my door for the last and walked down the stairs slowly. Savoring my last moments in this beautiful house. My heart felt heavy as I opened the front door and walked outside into the crisp air. After, I shut the door I took a few steps back in order to get one last long glimpse of my childhood home.

"Charlotte!" I heard my dad yell from the car "Come on honey, we can't miss our flight!"

"I'm coming dad!" I yelled back as I turned walking towards the car.

I slip into the backseat. Watching the neighborhood zoom passed my father drives as three of us (mom, dad, charlotte) to the airport.

I case you haven't figured it out yet, my family is moving. We are heading to Boston, Massachusetts not to far from Swellveiw, Pennsylvania. But, far enough to get away. About a seven hour drive. Three hour plane ride. 

As we neared the airport I only hoped that this wouldn't hurt Henry even more. 

Goodbye Swellveiw. Goodbye Henry Hart.

Henry's POV

I was walking passed Charlotte's house, when something told me to go see her. I have been wanting to talk to her about moving forward with our lives, but I've been to scared to be alone with her.

I walked to the back of her house and climbed the ladder like vines that aligned perfectly with her bedroom window. As I hopped inside, I noticed that her room was empty, her walls were bare, her furniture was gone...I just sat there for a few moments holding in my unshed tears. 

I got up from the floor and opened her closet door. I almost laughed, when I saw the bowl of gummy bears on the floor. I grabbed the bowl and sat back on the bedroom floor. As I started eating the gummies I felt a piece of paper at the bottom of the bowl. I opened it and read the words on the page. Once I reached the end I noticed the words blurred with my tears.

Henry, 

I wasn't joking when I told you that I forgive you.

That was absolutely true, but me forgiving you is not enough.

You need to forgive yourself. I just thought that maybe hearing

it again could help with you recovery. I love you Henry more than I should.

I love you as more than a best friend Henry. I think that's why I was so emotional 

and heartbroken about it in the beginning because I knew you would never do that

with me. Not on your own free will, when there wasn't a gun pressed against my

skin. Even though this unrequited love and that forced act broke me in so many

ways emotionally. I know that I'm still pretty broken broken/ shredded, but I know

that I'll be okay because I'm expecting something that can't fix my heart. It can 

mend some of the broken pieces. It's part you and part me and I will forever hold it dear

to my heart for the both of us. Don't forget about me Henry and do me a favor; remember 

the name Leigh-Ann Elizabeth [Hart].

Love, 

Charlotte

Thank you for reading everyone! This was the final chapter of 'Forgiveness'. Comment and review please it would be terribly helpful. Also, I'm thinking of writing a sequel or just another Chenry story. Tell what you think in the comment section.

Thank you,

LaQoia