Brave

Charlotte's POV

Another month passed and my happy persona fell. I found it to hard to continue smiling and laughing on the outside, when on the inside I wanted to end it all. At this point, I'm not angry at Henry anymore. I wouldn't say that I forgive him quite yet; but, I am finally starting to accept what happened to me. What happened that night was not Henry's fault; it was not my fault. The only person to blame was Veronica and I'm starting to work on my feelings towards her. I don't think I can ever forgive her; especially since she's happy she caused this. She honestly believes that she got the ultimate revenge on Kid Danger. How can you forgive someone who does not want to be forgiven because in her sick twisted mind she feels as if what she did (what happened to me) was justice for her.

The main problem I am having with forgiving Henry is that I don't know how and I don't know if I should. I can't talk to anyone about it, when all I want is comfort and reassuring from someone who wasn't there.

I was once again home alone, when I let my emotions drown me. I screamed and through things (clothes, shoes, books, jewelry, etc.) on the floor. I hit my wall repeatedly without even noticing. I pulled a picture off of my. It was a halloween picture, I was ten years old and decided to be the princess from brave. I wish I was like her, but I'm not. I'm not brave. I clutched it to my chest as I backed up until I fell on my bed. I stared at my ceiling as tears began to cloud my vision. I became more frustrated and hysterical.

"I'm not brave! why can't I be brave!" I screamed throwing myself off of the bed. I took the framed picture and slammed it against the wall watching the pieces of glass and broken frame fall to the ground. "I just want to be heard!"

I couldn't take anymore. I fell onto my hands and knees not noticing where I landed, until I felt many pieces of glass shards pierce into my skin. I screamed even louder refusing to move my hands as the blood oozed out of my hands staining the once clear glass. I was so far gone in my hysteria I didn't hear the front door open or my mother calling my name. I wasn't aware of her presence, until I heard her screams.

"Charlotte, what have you done!" my mother screamed frantic "Is there glass in your hands?"

I nodded through my sobs.

I felt my mother gently lift hands from the glass. "Oh my God! Honey there's at least 20 pieces of glass in your hands. What would make you do this?"

"I can't tell you. You'll hate me forever." I whispered

"I need talk to me honey and don't stop talking. It'll help with the pain." I noticed mom pull a tweezer from my desk next to her. She began pulling the glass from skin.

"It hurts, but I've felt worse pain." I whispered as I winced.

"What would cause you such pain sweetheart?"

It took me about ten minutes to work up the courage to tell my mom, but it needed to be done. I had to get it. By the time I answered my mom was almost finished wrapping my hands.

"I-I was raped mom..." my voice broke as the tears tore through my body causing me to shake violently.

"Oh my god..." she whispered as she gathered me into her arms rocking me gently. "How? Why would someone...? Who did this...to you?"

"Kid...kid danger...he did it to save me...she had a gun pointed right up against my head...she said if he didn't do it that she would pull the trigger..." I confessed

"Why didn't you tell me earlier Charlotte? I could have helped you. Why would someone do this? My poor baby, my sweet sweet girl. How could I have let this happen? How could I have not known?" She questioned heartbroken.

"It's not your fault mom...how could you have known?"

She rubbed my back as I continued sobbing "I hate that I let it happen mom...I hate that it's so hard to forgive him, when he never even wanted to do it."

"It's takes time honey. I'm so sorry this happened to you...but you are so brave...I need you to take some of my strength and use it for yourself...you have to be strong in order to get through this..." she told me kissing my forehead. "...honey I know you don't want to think about it, but I need to know. Did he use any kind of protection? Did you take the morning after pill?"

I held on tightly to my mom as more tears fell effectively blinded me. "...I'm not ready to be a mom...what am I supposed to do?"

Thank you for reading the chapter. And please comment your thoughts and feelings below!
Please and thank you,
LaLa