Mistakes Were Made

Hello everyone. I will start by saying...wow. My first story Petal Dance has surpassed 300 reads and is going into 340s now. And this story has surpassed 100. So I guess all I can say is thank you for the support, I started writing these stories to see if I could compare to some of the real pros of amourshipping and because I was inspired by the incredible thought put into some of these stories but the reaction has been incredible. Thanks to everyone who has read my stories and please be sure to vote and comment on this as well. Please enjoy this chapter. :)

Third Person POV

After an emotional bout, both Serena and Ash were feeling more than low. Serena is heartbroken and barely able to contain her crushed spirit, she had never felt this before with Ash. Ash also felt like a guilt train had been rattling down the tracks and he was thrown before it. Arceus himself would probably feel sorrow for the devastated duo.

Ash's POV

I haven't left this spot, I was still sat in the training field with Braixen trying her best to bring me back from the void that had infested my heart, an empty dark space where 'she' was moments before. I had been holding back tears for too long. Now she probably hates me and who can blame her. I said I didn't care about her and I was too afraid to tell her how I felt. Her words echoed through my mind each repeat burying me deeper in my pit of sorrow..." You only care about one thing" "Jerk". I almost wanted to take my anger out on Braixen and Pikachu for pushing me overboard, but that wouldn't solve anything.

I hope she is ok and I really hope Pikachu will be able to convince her or at least cheer her up a bit. "Braixen Brai?" Braixen queried trying her best to console me. I looked up at her face which was shining with a fiery yet sympathetic smile. I formed a smile back though judging from her face it wasn't very convincing. "I'm sorry Braixen, I do appreciate you trying to cheer me up. I just care about Serena so much. Now she probably hates my guts. I really screwed up. She's better off without me." She immediately squeaked at me shaking her head in disagreement. "Braix Braixen." She exclaimed. "You think everything will be ok between us?" I asked with a slightly hopeful look. "Braixen." She nodded. "I hope your right, it killed me seeing her face like that, even more so knowing it was my fault. I'm sorry Serena, please forgive me."

Serena's POV

I was seated back in the Pokemon Center, right where I woke up this morning. I wasn't expecting things to take such a horrible turn from this morning. Pikachu was stood next to me on the table. My eyes still stung red from the flow of tears that I let loose. I have never felt like this around Ash. I still love him with all of my heart but those words, those mind numbing, infectious words still plagued my mind. "No I don't care about her!." I wish that I had heard him wrong but it could not have been clearer. Pikachu began to nuzzle my arm. "Pikachu Pi?" He asked with a clearly concerned tone. "I'm fine Pikachu." I clearly wasn't and I did not have the strength to muster a smile. My heart could not produce a hint of positive emotion and how could it when it was ripped from my chest and stamped on.

Pikachu began protesting about my attitude. I began to wonder why my state has him so worked up. "Pikachu, what is the matter, its not that I don't appreciate you trying to cheer me up but-" "Pika Pika Pikachu!!" He almost shouted. I was slightly shocked by the sudden outburst. Was he trying to tell me something. "Is this about Ash?" He nodded hopefully. "I don't really want to talk about him right now..." He continued to protest until I had a general idea of what he may have been saying. "So you think he does like me in some way? There was just a misunderstanding?" He once again nodded. Suddenly, a flicker of hope hovered over me. It was like a candle being the sole source of light in a pitch black room. My light was Ash and he had always been there to help against the dark. "Pikachu do you think everything would be alright with us?" "Pikachu." He nodded in agreement. "Lets hope your right, I feel kind of guilty about what I said to Ash but still, hearing that hurt me alot." I wasn't 100% sure on this, I felt guilt but also great sadness. I need time to think. "I think I'm gonna go for a walk, I could use the company if you want to join me Pikachu?" He jumped into my arms and I carried him out of the Pokemon Center. "I'm sorry Ash..."