At A Loss

Hello all, so less than 24 hrs to Pokemon League so I wanted to put out a chapter to celebrate. This chapter is gonna be the aforementioned argument and is my first crack at emotional conflict so I hope it isn't too bad. Either way vote and please comment, id love to know what you guys think. Also welcome back to XxWhiteYvonnexX from a short hiatus. Hope you all enjoy the chapter.

Serena woke up with a quiet yawn and rubbed her eyes as the sun glistened through the window bathing her in its warmth. Once she felt somewhat awake she pulled her head up gently but to her surprise felt something fall on to her shoulder quite delicately. When she looked to see what it was, she had finally realised what had transpired. She had fell asleep right next to Ash! When Ash's head fell on her shoulder it made him stir awake slowly. Serena flushed a bright red but that was not the only reason her blush had formed...

Ash's POV

I woke up quite calmly. I looked around for a moment realising the sun was up. I felt like my head just fell on something soft. I glanced to my side to see Serena sat next to me. We must have fell asleep. "Morning Serena." I uttered with a quick yawn. " Umm..." Serena replied with a hint of nervousness. I was about to ask what the matter was and why she was blushing but then I realised. Suddenly, my face sank into a deep red blush of its own. My arm was right around Serena almost like a half hug. I don't remember doing that. I immediately removed my arm and began apologising to Serena but to my surprise..."No no, don't worry it was kind of nice, I felt safe and warm thanks to you." Serena looked up at me with a smile that could melt the surrounding snow, it was that warm. My blush merely increased as if the warmth from her smile fueled the fire in my cheeks. She got up and sped off her blush still evident as she did. After Serena exited the room I began pondering what could have moved my arm then I heard tiny squeaks coming from around the corner of the table in front of where me and Serena...slept together. There was Pikachu snickering away almost proud of what he accomplished. I picked him up catching him off guard and yelled "GOTCHA!!!" This was a massive mistake because rather than him smiling at me he was startled and immediately let off a thunderbolt charring me on the spot. I fell to the floor covered in soot while he fell to my side with a sly grin. I've known him long enough to know that face means "Did you have a good sleep?"

Serena's POV

Oh my ARCEUS! I am so happy. Ash must like me, he had his arm around me after we fell asleep next to one another. Even if it wasn't on purpose his reaction was so cute. He was blushing as red as Magikarp, (I wasn't much better but I am used to it). Maybe I should tell him I love him. It would be the more positive thing to happen these past few days. Once I calmed down, one thought crossed my mind...Where is Braixen?

Ash and Serena had both recovered from Pikachu's cheeky wakeup surprise. Ash decided to get some training in while Serena contacted Clemont and Bonnie who were distracted with their own affairs in town. As it turned Braixen had something to do with Pikachu's plan but Serena let it slide She left her with Ash.

Ash's POV

After the disaster in the center, I wanted to try to keep my mind off of Serena for a little while. I looked like such an idiot back there. I began to blush at the very thought. She looked so innocent and cute I almost didn't want to move my arm away. Gah, focus Ash you need to beat this gym if your ever gonna make it to the league.

Braixen and Pikachu both watched Ash as he trained with Greninja. Pikachu kept winding up Braixen to the extent Greninja looked over in concern at one point. She had to signal everything was fine. Pikachu was of course in no condition to train so was excused from it. "They were both so flustered, it was the best thing ever, now Ash is nervous whenever I bring it up near him." Pikachu did notice something slightly off about Ash though...

Serena's POV

"Hey Bonnie, you and Clemont doing ok?" I asked Bonnie who appeared on the video screen. Clemont was in the background tinkering with something. " Hi Serena, we are fine. We won't be back for a couple of days still. How are the others?" She exclaimed in a slightly digitalised voice. "Pikachu and Braixen are up and about now so they are definitely healing. Ash is training outside, I will tell him about what you guys are upto. Actually what are you upto?" I realised she never told me the reason for their delayed return. "Well there was a science convention or something which big brother insisted he couldn't miss." I began to sweatdrop. " Well make sure not to let him blow anything up or you better not propose to anyone for him or he might explode." We both giggled happily at Clemont's affinity for...pyrotechnics. I considered something for a second. "Hey Bonnie, you will never guess what happened this morning." I teased making it seem like huge news (because it was in my eyes). She immediately shifted in her seat. "Tell meeeee" She yelled with enthusiasm. I proceeded to tell her about the events which took place this morning. Her eyes lit up and her cheeks went red with anticipation. "Oh my Arceus, that is so cute Serena. What are you going yo do about it?" These words caught me off guard. I looked away from the screen for a few seconds. "I have been considering telling him how I really feel..." I stuttered anxiously. "YES!!!" She squealed. "Go on Serena, do it right now." I considered for a moment once again. "How can I say no to all that?" I replied though even I was not 100% on the decision. She squealed again. "Go get em...Miss Ketchum" Bonnie teased. I immediately began to blush from that statement. I waved goodbye to her before hanging up. After I took a deep breath, I made my way to the training ground outside of the Pokemon Center.

Ash's POV

After completing training with Greninja and the rest I decided to take a rest. I was admittedly in a bad mood. Not just because of this morning but because she might know. Pikachu was pushing me a little too fast. I know exactly what he was upto and I know Braixen was in on it to. They are trying to set me up with Serena. I appreciate the thought but it annoyed me a little because like any new experience, I want to do it on my own. I cant just blurt out my feelings for Serena, what if she rejects me or no longer wants to travel with ne because of the awkwardness. Pikachu came and sat next to me. I knew exactly what he was going on about when he started squeaking at me. "Pika Pii Pikachu!?" He mentioned in an almost stern tone. " "I know I need to tell her." I replied. "Pikachu Pi" "I don't know when Pikachu." Braixen came over now to. They both started asking me questions. I was getting annoyed. "Do you care about her." was something I interpreted from Pikachu. I lost it at that moment. " No, I don't care about her like that, I wish you'd leave me alone!!!" I shouted out in anger with my eyes closed. Of course I cared about her but I didn't want everyone knowing and I don't fully know what it is I feel for her...yet. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. In that very moment two things happened. I had immediate regret sink into my gut which is because of the 2nd thing... Serena was stood right in front of me. Her oceanic aqua blue eyes were filling with real water as she stared directly into my own auburn eyes with nothing but deep sadness. "So, I guess Wulfric was right. You do only care about one thing at least I know what is really in your heart." She said with sadness that wracked my soul like a quake of depression. " I didn't mean that... I was..." I stammered with a quiver in my voice. One quick reply. "JUST SHUT UP!" She yelled. Her eyes closed. She turned away and picked up speed, one word escaping her infinitely heart wrenching frown "Jerk." She began to run off. Water descended from her sides as if the very colour in her eyes had drained and taken the form of her flowing tears gently falling around her. My heart felt like it had been ripped clean out of my chest by a raging spirit fused between guilt and hate. I felt tears begin to build up in my own eyes. Braixen remained with me trying to comfort me. Pikachu had ran off to Serena as if they told each other what to do. It scared me my only hope was in the form of a small electric mouse. Braixen could not chase after Serena with a crutch after all. "I'm sorry Serena..."

Third Person POV

"Aww, lovers quarrel" stated one feminine voice in the distant shadows. That means Pikachu is vulnerable, injured and away from the twerp." " Exactly, lets tail the twerpette and Pikachu will come to us." Stated a second voice which was more masculine. A third slightly more feral voice simply said "What are we waiting for, lets get us a Pikachu."

This was a biggie poor Ash and Serena. You can probably guess who the shadow stalkers are lol. Anyway be sure to comment and stay tuned for the next chapter.