A Bad Day

Both Ash and Serena had been feeling down as of late. Serena had recently failed to attain her dream of Kalos Queen after Braixen ended up being hurt, she blames herself. In a similar fashion, Ash's most recent gym battle ended with Pikachu being injured and he also casts the blame upon himself. Neither injury is fatal but is still worthy of concern. Despite their own moods, both of them wanted to try to cheer up their crush. (For the sake of this story, Ash is a lot less dense.)

Serena's POV

That performance was the worst. I cant believe that I let Braixen go through that. In the final round of the performance it was going ok. I thought we had come far since our first mess but clearly I'm just as useless as ever. Braixen and Sylveon have nothing to feel bad for, they were doing so well as dance partners. I could have used Pancham but I pushed Braixen to her limit. She wasn't exactly 100% before the performance...

Flashback:

"Ok, Braixen your ready to go." I said putting the final adjustments into her tail bow. She slotted her wand like stick into the center for ease of access. "Ok Sylveon your up next." I began brushing her pristine fur, but only half my attention was on her. I was more focused on Braixen's leg. She was hopping on it as if testing its strength. Her face was tensing slightly. All of a sudden she cried out in pain before falling to the floor. I put too much pressure on Sylveon's next brush causing her to groan. "Sorry about that Sylveon." I apologized and walked over to Braixen who hid her disheartened expression by looking away. "Hey." I said gaining her attention. "I'm beginning to think you should sit this one out Braixen, your clearly in pa-" I was interrupted by her jumping up in protest. She visually winced from the pain bur was very insistent in performing. " Are you sure Braixen? I do not want to push you..." I got instant nods to signify she wasn't going to give up and she began bandaging the wound with the bandages from my bag. I guess I don't have a choice.

I did have a choice. Braixen sprained her leg during training. It didn't seem serious so we let it slide. Now it is my fault she is worse and that we are not holding on to the title of Kalos Queen. I hope Pikachu is Ok. He looked pretty banged up and Ash didn't seem to take it well either. "Poor Ash"

What happened to Pikachu? And how is Ash coping with the incident, stay tuned for the next chapter.