Safe.

Ok there is probably a lot of mistakes but i Couldn't be bothered to check it all. Hehe :D

Chapter 1:

I woke up to the rain drops splattering my window sill. It hit me that we were leaving this house today. I dragged myself up out of bed. Pulling On the sweater That wasn't already packed, I went downstairs. Cam stood surrounded by boxes. "Hey hai" he said and laughed at his own joke. Cam was my useless 21 yr old brother who I ended up living with. My dad lived with us too, but only a couple days a week. He was always working. "The removal men will be here in a minute" he said.

"Ok" I replied. I didn't feel like talking.

I was happy to be leaving. I hadn't really enjoyed my time here. But leaving gave me a weird sense of change, and I didn't like it. I walked slowly back upstairs running my finger along the holes in the wall, where our family pictures had hung. Suddenly I heard a van park outside.

"Hailie come help load up!" Shouted Cam. I went to help.

Driving out of wadhurst was one of the most painful things I had done. Often I had raved on about how much I hated it but leaving was sad. As we drove down the highstreet I could see people walking down the street in the drab, black secondary school uniform I used to have to wear. I saw the people that used to bully me. The friends I had rejected. The shops all stood where they always had, their paintwork chipping. The rain didn't stop. It was a big change, moving from a small town like this to London. But I didn't let that drown my spirit. Well what little spirit I had. Cam didn't voter talking to me. I liked the silence.

I thought about where everything went downhill. It was defenitley when I started secondary. I had gotten into the wrong crowd. My friends, they were dark people. One of them suffered from depression, which had passed its effects onto me. We were like ghosts. Bullied, rejected. I had been shy and anxious before but this was awful. Eventually I shut them friends out too. I dreaded to think what I would be like if we didn't move. Dead, a zombie maybe? I don't think it even matters. I decided that I will not make any friends at this new school. I will not open myself to that pain again. Loneliness beats the company of humans any day. I didn't care what that made me. I would focus on my GCSE'S and I would succeed. Get a good job and earn money. I don't need people.

I snapped myself out of the dark thoughts. This was a clean break.

The journey was an hour long and I slept most of the way. When we got there I stepped out of the car as looked at the house. It was beautiful. white with black beams across. It wasn't actually that old, it was built to look more ancient than it was. It's not as if this was the first time I had seen it. I had viewed it twice already. But now it was actually ours, it made it even more grand. I had my own room up at the top where there had been a loft conversion. I also had my own bathroom. Cam had proteste at first saying he deserves that part , like his own flat or something, but dad said I deserved it since I was the only girl in this family and i deserved my own quiet place to study. I agreed with that.

"We'll carry the sofas and stuff in you get straight on with unpacking your things" said Cam. I pulled my suitcase out if the car boot, whilst Cam unlocked the front door.

Inside it was wonderful as expected. The bright openly lit hallway and old wooden staircase welcomed me. I stepped up the first flight of stairs. The way they creaked soothed my tension. I walked up the second flight to my room, dragging my luggage behind me. I opened the door. My door.

Once the removal man and Cam had managed to drag me up my wardrobe bed and desk I got to work unpacking. I hung up my coats and jackets and placed everything else in the drawers. This was my lovely new room. I filled my desk draws wit the empty files that would soon be filled.

I wasn't sure how I felt. Was happy but sad at the same time. I supposed that's how all people feel when they move. I looked out my window and saw a group of teenagers pass by. I shuddered. I wondered if there was such thing as a fear of people. Anyone would think I was insane. Dad would send me to a therapist. I didn't feel crazy. I felt sensible. People my age were stupid.

The afternoon flew by and the night came quickly. I buried myself under my covers and let the sleep swallow me up.