[CHAPTER 15]

The Emergency Room

[ ✰ ]

"YOU KNOW, she liked you," Lydia remarked as she sat beside the boy. "You never noticed her, but you meant a lot to her."

Isaac's head darted up as the most popular girl in his school sat beside him on a rickety chair. He had no idea why he was here, but he had found his way to the emergency room at around 10 pm after talking to Derek Hale.

It felt like the right thing to do, so Isaac had found an unoccupied corner of the emergency room and he had sat down as the thoughts of his dad ran through his head. He knew his dad was dead, but he didn't understand how to feel about it.

He was relieved, but he was worried—he had no idea what had just killed his dad in that alleyway, but he knew he would find out eventually.

He had been overthinking when Lydia Martin interrupted his thoughts. He was surprised to look up and see the strawberry blonde girl who had rejected him last year, but he allowed the conversation to distract him from his thoughts anyways. Her face was bright as her cheeks were warm from tears and messed up mascara.

Stiles Stilinski was fidgeting several seats away, his eyes darting between the emergency room door, the nurses' desk and Lydia. He had tears of his own as he watched Lydia fell apart beside Isaac, but there was nothing he could do, whether it was for Lydia or for his second best friend, Skye.

"Skye—," Lydia choked down a sob as she looked at her knees. They were bandaged after the paramedics had pulled glass out of them. "All she wanted was for you to notice her."

Isaac was speechless. He had never knew this information before, but it made his chest feel heavy. He had seen Skylar McCall around school before and he even had a few classes with her, but they had never spoken a single word to each other.

He had no idea that he even mattered to her at all. He always imagined that not a single person noticed him as he walked through hallways with his eyes on the ground. He never thought that he ran through someone's mind at all, especially not Skye's.

"I had no idea," he said at last, his heart heavy.

[ ✰ ]

// how's it going?? how's your day?? do you like this story so far?? what do you think of it??

I feel like I should say this: like and comment. But it feels like attention seeking?????? um why am I so weird.

[EDITED] SEPTEMBER 5, 2017