The Voice and The Confrontation

I was pushed into my room by an invisible force. I hit the now crimson stained wall, hard. I felt a tightening around my neck. I couldn't breathe.

     "DON'T PURSUE IT! LEAVE THIS MURDER ALONE!" a dark, evil voice yelled at me. "FORGET IT, AND MOVE ON  WITH YOUR LIFE! IF YOU DON'T, YOU WON'T HAVE A LIFE TO MOVE ON WITH!"

    Then it got eerily quiet. There was no more blood. I could breathe again. I passed out on the bed.

      The next morning, I told Ashley and Jessica what all happened the night before.

       "The same thing happened to me!" Ashley stated with fright.

       "He doesn't want anyone to know." Jessica said with no emotion. She had been quiet most of that morning. "The girl has been speaking to me all morning. She's in pain. It's November 25, only eleven days until the anniversary of the murder."

      "Wait," I asked, "how many people were killed?"

      "Just the girl, why?"

      "No reason, just curious." I had a sneaking suspicion we didn't know everything.

      That afternoon I went to Ashley's house. Her parents are mean. Scratch that, her parents aren't mean, to her. Her older brother Thomas had it bad. They hated him, and he hated them too. It was sad, really. They blamed him for all their troubles. Thomas also hated Ashley, and me for some strange reason. 

      I went to the kitchen to get Ashley and me snacks, and I ran into none other than Thomas. "Oh, sorr---," I started, but he cut me off with his yelling.

     "You! I hate you! You ruined my life! GET OUT!"

     "Thomas Edward Parks!" his mom walked in, yelling. "Don't you DARE talk to John like that!"

     "Why not! He  destroyed me, so why not Mommy Dearest!" he challenged.

    "He's the best thing that happened to this family, besides your sister, and you should respect him!" See what I'm saying, mean.

    "Gee, thanks Mom, love you too!" He ran into his room and slammed the door.

    "Thomas, wait! I'm sorry!" I called out, but it was too late.

    "Sorry about that, John." Mrs. Parks apologized.

    "Why do you treat him like that?" I replied.

   "He's a bad kid, and bad kids need to be punished."

   "But it's not fair!"

   "John, you don't understand what goes on when you're not--"

   "Hey John," Ashley said as she walked into the sterile white kitchen. "Oh, hey Mom. John, I'm not hungry anymore. So whatcha talking about?"

   "Nothing, I was just about to come up there." I said as we left Mrs. Parks alone, still mad at Thomas.

   "What was that all about?" Ashley whispered as we climbed up the stairs.

   "Thomas." One word said it all. We dropped the subject.