Searching

I turned white. My heart skipped a beat. I felt cold. How can he kill kill her again? I wondered.

        "What do you mean?!" Ashley asked, reading my mind.

        "They're replaying the murder! It's so horrible!!" Jessica shrieked.

       "What can we do?!" I shouted.

       "I don't know! I don't think we can do anything, now. They've been doing this a long time."

        I suddenly heard a boy's voice say to me, "See." I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, I saw a blur that was recognizable as a girl cowering away from a blurry man, with a bloody blade, dripping, staining the polished white floor of the cafeteria a shudderingly bright, vivid crimson.

      "What is going on here?!" our principal, Dr. Nowy, asked. Dr. Nowy is a very nosy man. He was always snooping in his students' business. No one in school liked him, with good reason.

      "Nothing, Dr. Nos--, I mean Nowy." I said quickly. All the kids called him Nosy, and a few teachers too, because he was so nosy, and he had a huge honker.

     "What did you call me, Michaels?" he asked me. He called everyone by their last names.

     "Nothing, sir." I replied.

    "I got my eye on you three. Now behave!" he yelled. Nosy then walked away.

   "God, I hate him." Ashley said.

   "Yeah, who wouldn't." Jessica replied. We all laughed. It definitely lightened the mood.

    Nothing else happened that day. Well, at least the school day. When I was home my day turned sour. I was online and I searched: Murders at Jones High School. I didn't find anything, so instead I searched:Disappearances at Jones High School. An article showed up. It read:

Shock at JHS

It's been two months since @%*$ *!?/=, <+#^& -3/]"_, and {\'~)^%*$ #@(?> went missing. The police are proclaiming the teenagers dead. If you have any----

    My computer went black. I couldn't read the names, and I couldn't finish the article. White words appeared on the dark screen. It said, in a creepy font, Don't pursue this! Leave it alone, and forget about it! If you don't I'll kill you!

                                                                                                                                                                   --M

     "Mom!" I yelled. My mom ran in.

     "What's wrong, John?" my mom questioned.

      "The computer!" I pointed to the monitor.

      "What about it?"

      I turned to look. The words were gone, and I was on Facebook.

      "Are you okay John?" she asked, twirling her long, thick, curly blonde hair. She always did that when she was worried.

     "Mommy!" my kid sister, Minnie, yelled from her Barney-purple room. "Get in here NOW!"

      "What is it, Mi- ah," she stood in the hallway, speechless.

      "Minnie, what did you do to your room!" my father shouted running into my sister's room, still holding the book he was currently writing in the study.

     "You think I did this? Why would I?" questioned the brat. Then she pointed at me and stated, "It was John!"

    "Me? I can barely handle walking near your rotten, sour grape of a room, much less go in it and mess with your stuff!" I said, then stormed into my room. What I saw still shocks me. There was blood everywhere, oozing down the dark green walls, squirting out my dresser, dripping off the ceiling. There was a bloody knife on my desk. I screamed and ran out of my room.

     "What is your problem, John?" Mom asked.

     "There's blood all over my room!"

    "Only you can see, John." a voice, much like my own, whispered in my ear. The voice was scratchy and cold. "Help me! He's coming! He wants to kill you!"