15- Start Of Something Good

“Have I mentioned how weird this is?”

I nodded, parking the car in the senior parking lot on Wednesday morning with Owen in the passenger seat with his head back and his eyes closed in annoyance to try and prove his point. “Yep, you have, O. Like, a billion times, actually.”

“Right, because it’s just so incredibly weird that I feel like it’s necessary to remind you every ten minutes so that maybe you’ll actually start to see how weird it really is and then maybe you’ll stop being weird.” Owen explained, getting out of the car as I did, locking the car with the remote thingy that was on the key chain, which made the car honk to let me know that it was locked.

“And you’re probably the most dramatic person ever, Owen. You’ve known that this was going to happen for a week or so and I say this with all of the sisterly love in my heart- get over it.” I sighed, walking side by side with my brother into the school, which is one of the rare times that we actually walked together into the school.

“I can’t get over it, and I actually refuse to get over it. Oh, and I’m not dramatic.” He defended. “It’s just weird.”

I rolled my eyes at him because we had been discussing my and Todd’s relationship for the past fifteen minutes- the whole drive to school- and he was just so stubborn about the whole thing. I couldn’t figure out why it was bothering him so much, but then again, I could kinda see it- me dating his best friend, but he was being such a big baby about it. “Look, I get that it might be weird for you, and I love you, O, I do, but your feelings aren’t really on my mind when I’m thinking about my boyfriend choices. Todd is really sweet and he makes me happy… and I’m not saying that it’s forever- obviously, I don’t know how long it’ll last- and I’d like to think that for the time being, I make him happy too and I’d also like to think that we’re like, two of the most important people in your life because you’re definitely in my top three, so that should be enough, I think.”

He let out a long breath through his nose as we fought through the throngs of people in the hallways, which is especially hard to do in the mornings because everyone is already so grouchy about being up so early and being stuck in school that they just pummel through the hallways like irritable bulldozers or something. “That was too sentimental for this early in the morning.”

I laughed and then shrugged innocently. “I was forced into it- it’s your fault.” I chimed, waving him a goodbye since we had to split paths to go to our separate first period classes. Well, I had to stop by my locker first but then I was going to go to class.

When I got to my locker, though, Todd was already there waiting for me with a small smile on his face which in turn, made me smile even larger.

“Hey,” I piped, spinning the dial on my locker to get out my books for my morning classes. “How do you even know where my locker is?”

He shrugged, making him seem all mysterious, which I’m sure was his goal. “I’ve been to your locker before.”

“Have you?” I wondered with one raised eyebrow. I couldn’t ever remember I time where he was at my locker or anything, but I could be pretty forgetful, so that’s understandable, I guess.

Todd nodded and once I shut my locker, I felt all of my books being taken from my arms by him. “I have.”

“You don’t have to carry my books, you know,” I giggled. I mean, it wasn’t much- just a small text book and a few notebooks- so I didn’t have any problems carrying it or anything so I don’t know why he had taken them from me.

He situated the stuff so that my stuff was stacked onto his stuff and that left his right hand open, which he quickly filled by pulling my hand into his. “I’m going to anyway,” He informed me with a playful grin, sweeping down and kissing my cheek lightly, causing me to giggle once more.