5- And Run

"Holy crap!" Marnie screeched in my ear.

I cringed away from her with a confused frown. "What?"

"Oh, nothing, this is just really cool." She grinned at me as we stood in the girls locker room. It was Tuesday and we had just gotten done with practice but because we didn't have time to go home before the game, we just showered in the locker room and then I put on the outfit that I was wearing for school, pushing my workout outfit back into my dance bag.

I was wearing dark jean shorts with a loose tank top that was blue with a floral pattern and lacy shoulder straps. I slipped on my purple Vans before brushing through my dark hair which was completely died. My original hair color is dirty blonde, like Owen's, but I died the top black and then it has an ombre into a caramel brown.

"And you're overreacting." I laughed at my insane best friend. "We always go to the games."

"Yes, but you don't always get asked to go by Caleb Fisher, your major crush." She grinned.

"Shush!" I hissed, knowing that there were still a lot of girls from the team still in the locker room. "And that's a bad thing to me, okay? I don't want him to notice me."

"Of course you do." She insisted. "If you want to have his babies then you have to talk to him and go to his games and his parties."

"I am going to one of his parties." I shrugged.

"What?!" She shrieked.

I nodded. "Yep, the one this weekend, he invited me yesterday and I didn't know how to say no."

We started to walk out of the locker room to join the crowd at the baseball diamond since the game was about to start. "How did you not mention this earlier?" She wondered hysterically.

"Because I'm trying to find a way to respectfully decline." I grumbled. "Maybe I'll get the flu or something."

"Oh no, missy. You're going, and I'm coming with you." She beamed excitedly. "I cannot believe you didn't tell me this. This is very important, like you can finally hook up with the love of your life."

"Marnie," I sighed. "I'm not going to hook up with him. Yes, he's the love of my life, but maybe we'll fall in love some other time, when I'm not too socially awkward to talk to him without fainting."

"Oh, like when you're drunk." Marnie said with a nod as we bought our tickets and then made our way to the bleachers that were already almost full because the game is about to start.

"I've never been drunk." I pointed out with a roll of my eyes.

"No, but on Saturday, you will be." She grinned. "And don't worry about your dad, my parents are going to be out of town this weekend, so you can stay at my place."

I let out a long sigh when I realized that my dad not letting me go was really the only defense I had against not going to this stupid party. "Okay fine, I'll go but I really don't want to drink."

"You have to!" She whined. "It's just one party, what's the worst thing that could happen?"

"I could get drugged and raped or something, that'd be pretty bad." I replied.

She giggled softly. "I'll be with you the whole time, nothing like that will happen, I promise."

"Yeah, well that-"

"Sorry I'm late!" I was interrupted by Nikki as she came up the bleachers and sat down on the other side of me right before the game started in front of us. "The line for food was insane."

I leaned over and grabbed some of her popcorn before she could pull it away. "You didn't miss anything." I ignored the dirty look she gave me as I chomped down on the popcorn.