20- Love Life

“He what?”

“I already told you like, a billion times,” I laughed at Marnie, who was still appalled after I’d relayed the story to her about why both Todd and I were acting weird at lunch the day before.

“I know, but that is just so messed up,” She informed me with a mouth full of popcorn. We had just gotten back to my house from the baseball game and the guys went over to Braeden’s like they had said the day before and it was just me, Marnie, and Nikki at my house with popcorn, pizza, and a load of chick flicks.

“You really did forgive him way too easily,” Nikki agreed with a nod.

I sighed and pushed in the first movie, which we all agreed on would be Grease because it was Marnie’s favorite movie of all time. “Yeah, I know that I did.”

“Then why did you?” Marnie wondered. “I mean, don’t’ get me wrong, I am all for Takota, but-“

“Takota?” I interrupted her. “You combined my and Todd’s names together?”

She nodded proudly. “Yep, I did, and Takota seems like a cute name. You know, like those celebrity couples and such.”

“But we’re not celebrities,” I reminded her.

“You’re changing the subject!” Marnie insisted. “The point is: I’m not saying that you two should break up or anything, but make him work for your forgiveness.”

“But I’ve already forgiven him,” I sighed, trying to pay attention to the movie instead of the girly babble.

“But you shouldn’t have,” Nikki piped.

“She’s right,” Marnie insisted. “He abandoned you in front of his cold hearted mother and left you to drown, so yeah, I think that you should have shown him a piece of your mind.”

“I tried,” I muttered. “But I’m too easily persuaded to not forgive people.”

They both groaned as if my answer caused them great pain, which was absolutely ridiculous to me because I don’t think it’s incredibly awful that I forgave Todd. “You’re impossible,” Marnie insisted before we all fell into a comfortable silence for the rest of the movie save for singing along to all of the songs.

My dad brought up some takeout for dinner so I had a salad and just a little bit of fries. Marnie was pigging out along with Nikki,  because she insisted that was how you were supposed to spend sleepovers, by pigging out and stuff, which is definitely not my favorite activity, so I just passed on that part.

“Okay, well since Todd and Dakota are just fine and dandy now, we will change the subject to how Levi and Nikki are doing,” Marnie informed both me and Nikki as she looked over at our blonde friend expectantly.

Nikki pursed her lips in distaste and shook her head. “No, let's not go that direction.”

“What?” I wondered in confusion. “Are you two fighting or something?”

She shrugged quietly. “Or something.”

Marnie gasped loudly and incredibly dramatically, but I mean- she's Marnie, so I didn't really know what I expected. “You didn't break up, did you?!”

Nikki quickly shook her head from where she was sitting on the edge of my bed, “No, I guess it's just a rough patch or something. At least, I hope it's just a rough patch.”

“Us too,” Both Marnie and I chimed simultaneously because neither one of us wanted Levi and Nikki to break up. They were seriously one of the cutest couples ever and they just couldn't break up because they were so perfect. I was sure that it was just a rough patch though, because all couples have those and it's healthy, so both me and Marnie were pretty confident that it was just a little argument that they'd work through in the end.