Lesson 27: Do What You'll Regret

Warning for the sexual yadayadas (it's more near the end, and to be honest, it's very censored to say the least).

 *

Looking out the window, Michelle observed the large backyard, belonging to the Varsity family, being coated in a white, fluffy blanket. She gnawed at her bottom lip and rested her head on the freezing cold glass, looking up at the sky as each snowflakes fell.

       It was about two weeks since her secret of being abused slipped and one week since Michelle was officially living in the Varsity’s household.

       The week before she moved in was spent as if everything was “normal”. Michelle didn’t see Mickey or Ronnie. She was still “dating” Logan, who seemed very uncomfortable hanging out with her. Until St. Nicholas Day when–

       A car pulled over in front of Michelle and Logan as they were heading towards Logan’s car, ready to leave school. She stared at the car in confusion until the driver’s window rolled down, revealing Mickey.

       “Hey, beautiful,” he greeted, a smirk on his face.

       “Uh, hi, Mickey,” Michelle greeted, glancing at Logan then back at him.

       “You coming in or you gonna make us wait?”

       Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion and she repeated, “Us?” Expecting to see Ronnie’s head pop out from somewhere, Michelle was surprised to see Ron’s head popping out from the passenger’s seat.

       “Hello, Angel!” Mr. McCoy exclaimed, grinning. “Aren’t you going to jump right into the back? We’ll be taking you home.”

       She looked over at Logan in confusion and said, “But–”

       “Go in,” Logan interjected, shaking his head. “This is part of the plan.” He already was walking to the car and opened the back door, placing her backpack inside.

       “Wh-What’s going to happen?” she hissed at him when he came back and wrapped an arm around her waist, bringing her towards the car.

       “You’re going to be safe,” was all Logan said before he grabbed her crutches and placed them into the car. He picked her up and slipped her into the seat behind the driver’s. “I hope this goes well,” he whispered in her ear, kissing her cheek then pulling away and closing the car door.

       Michelle suddenly felt a burst of nervousness and anxiety throughout her body. She began rolling out the wrinkles in her jeans as the car started and drove out of the school’s parking lot. “What’s going to happen?” she asked after a few minutes of driving towards her house. “And why is Ron here?”

       “Do you want your father to get arrested?” Ron asked, turning around in his seat to look at her.

       Her eyes widened and she exclaimed, “Of course not!”

       “The last thing we want to do is bring the court into matters, because that’ll be a whole long process and you’re soon going to turn eighteen. We’re planning on talking your parents into allowing you to stay at the Varsity’s household,” he explained. “We already discussed things with the principal in your school, so that whatever you need signed by a legal guardian, Ella will be allowed to sign.”

       “B-But my father won’t just let me go.”

       “I’m a lawyer, Michelle,” Ron replied with a smug smirk. “I know how to persuade those into doing what I want them to do. If he gives me a difficult time, I will bring the court into things. If he agrees and later on gives us trouble, I’m planning on taking pictures of the current injuries you have received from your father now.”