S E V E N

Ruth was going to die at the hands of a turtleneck wearing shark with nice eyes and metal bending abilities.

It wasn't a terrible way to go, Elvis died on the toilet. But still.

"Alex, please don't let him hurt me," she said, looking back at the blonde who followed close behind. "Alex, please, I'm too young to be thrown off a satellite."

"Who told you about the satellite?" Erik asked, looking up at the sky. "It was twenty years ago. Summers, did you tell her? Because, really, let it go."

Alex shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Hank or Raven. Really, Ruth, how did you find out?"

Ruth shook her head. "I'm not gonna let him throw another person off a satellite. At least I have a fair enough chance of surviving it. Like, forty percent."

"Those aren't that good odds," Alex pointed out.

She shrugged. "I said fair, not good. But, seriously, please don't throw me off the satellite, I might die."

Erik nodded. "I am aware. McCoy wouldn't let me leave Charles' office until I was fully aware of your anxiety and your tendency towards panic attacks."

She sighed. "Good. So...you'll let me go?"

He scoffed. "Not a chance. Summers, why are you even following? Isn't your brother supposed to be here?"

Alex nodded, hands stuffed in his pockets. "Yeah, but Scotty aggravates her mutation so it's better he's not here. Trust me."

Ruth whined. "I'd rather have him here." She looked up at Erik. "Can Kurt be here? I'd like that. I like Kurt."

Erik stopped and blinked at her. "You're so odd. Alright. Summers, find the blue one."

Alex nodded, turning around and cupped his hands to his mouth. "Kurt Wagner! Kid, get over here!" He turned to a kid, jerking his head. The kid nodded and cupped his hands to his mouth, shouting so loud that it made the trees shake.

Kurt bamfed next to Ruth moments later. "Hallo." He turned to look at Erik, smiling. Erik softened, looking at the boy fondly.

The group began walking, Kurt and Erik talking in their native German while Alex smirked down at Ruth who gaped, staring at the two. He stood behind her to make sure she didn't try to make a run for it.

She stared up at the large satellite looming above them, grabbing onto Alex's jacket. Her heart was pounding and her palms were sweating. She froze, staring at the ladder that was blocked off by barbed wire and a fence.

Erik rolled his eyes and flicked his wrist. Ruth gasped, clinging onto Alex, as the metal parted easily, letting Erik waltz through. She stared at the metal as she followed, heart racing, growing lightheaded.

"Charles says you have a little problem with Mystique," Erik called down as they began to climb.

Ruth nodded, wiping her palms as she tried to grab onto the first rung; if she slipped, she'd break her neck. "Yeah. She wants progress and I do too, but she wants it faster."

Erik didn't look down at her. "There's nothing wrong with that."

She nodded again. "I'm aware." She shrieked, her hand slipping. Kurt caught it and bamfed them to the top of the tower, overlooking the satellite.

She held onto his jacket for dear life, eyes shut tight. She slowly opened them, still gripping his Michael Jackson jacket. "Oh God, thank you." She slid to her knees, burying her face in her hands.

Kurt sat next to her, rubbing her back as they waited for the other two men to finish climbing up. She was as terrified as ever, shaking whenever there was a particularly strong gust of wind.