Friends With Benefits 12

"You've almost reached the money requirements already," Our principle grins. She no longer has bags under her eyes and she looks stress-free.

"That's good!" I exclaim happily and Jaidyn nods in agreement. "So one more activity should do it?"

"Basically," She stands from her chair and stretches. I cringe when her back cracks. She heads over to her mini fridge and takes out a couple of cokes. "So how's your dad, Mel?"

Dad was on the school council for a little while, before he realized he actually didn't care about the majority of students or anything related to my school whatsoever, and so he quit. But it's still a little weird that he's good friends with my principle.

"He's okay," I shrug and accept the can of coke she offers me. I watch as she releases the breath she's holding and I narrow my eyes slightly.

"That's good," She ushers us out of our seats. "Now get out of my office, I have a date with eBay,"

"Wait," I pause in the doorway. "Has the art class finished the booths?"

"I think they're pretty much done," She doesn't take her eyes off of her Mac. "Go check it out and get Quincey to give you a hall pass,"

"Okay," I follow Jaidyn out of the office and into the hallways.

"What booths?" He asks as he now struggles to keep up with me.

"The Kissing Booths!" I smile happily. "They're going to be the most successful, let's be honest,"

"Kissing Booths?" His eyes widen. "I'm not doing the kissing booth so I hope you have a volunteer,"

"There's two booths," I shrug. "I'll do one, I don't care,"

His eyes narrow and he pulls me to a stop. "Are you forgetting our conversation last night?"

I suddenly blush. Although I was drunk, of course I remember. However I still haven't confronted him on his 'Found my dream girl' comment. I look up at him and bite my lip. "Well no,"

"So you didn't forget the conversation," He says slowly. "Yet you're still going to let boys line up and pay for a kiss?"

"Jaidyn," I sigh uncomfortably.

"Surely that's some form of prostitution or something," He cringes.

"Jaidyn!" I snap, slapping his face slightly to pull his attention to me rather than his shoes. "It's to raise money for the senior camp! Don't you want to go?"

"I don't want to see you kiss other boys," He mutters.

"You're unbelievable," I growl and push past him. I turn to look at him, still rooted to the spot where I left him. My heart melts at the sight of him standing there, looking innocent with a frown on his face and his eyes torn. I sigh and walk back over to him. "Look, okay, if you're that jealous you do a booth, too, so that it's equal."

"But what if ugly people pay," His face scrunches up playfully and I chuckle.

"Deal with it, bitch," I grab his arm. "Now let's go find Quincey the nerd,"

~

"Did they finish the booths?" Lucy asks during lunch.

"Yeah," I shove some chicken into my mouth. "They look awesome, Luce,"

"I bet they do," She mutters, not taking her eyes off her phone.

"You've been nominated to do the girl's booth," I lie.

"Okay,"

"And you have to be topless," I say loudly.

"Yep,"

"And you have to kiss Mr. Stevens," I bite my lip to refrain from laughing.

"Fine,"

I watch in confusion as her yes remain glued to her phone, completely compliant to anything I request of her. My eyes narrow. "Who the hell are you texting, girl?"

"What?" She looks up too quickly and her neck cracks. "Ouch," She groans in pain.

"I said who in the world are you texting, bitch," I throw a piece of lettuce from my chicken caesar salad at her. "You've been agreeing to the most messed up things,"

"I can't be held responsible to them and unless I shook on it, it's noncommittal," She smirks, trying to hide her blush. "And he may or may not work at Starbucks,"

"Oh my God!" I throw cheese this time and it hits her left cheek. I burst out laughing as she glares.

"As if you throw cheese," She says in disgust as she peels it off of her face.

"As if you didn't tell me about coffee boy earlier," I mimic. "And be lucky it wasn't my orange juice."

"You're crazy," She sips her coke. "Oh, Mel, he's so cute,"

"I know," I agree. "He was very into you from what I seen,"

"And he just asked me to go out with him tomorrow night," She smiles happily, and I smile at her smile. "Why don't you bring Jaidyn and we'll double date?"

"Ah, I don't know," I wiggle my nose. "He's been crazy jealous lately,"

"He's always been jealous," She rolls her eyes. "And he'll never stop being jealous until you're married, living in a double story house with the white picket fence, dog and three kids,"

"I want more than three kids," I frown.

"More than three kids?" Jaidyn suddenly says from behind me, dropping his plate in between Lucy and I. I catch her eye and I widen my own eyes. She shrugs in answer to my silent question, unsure if Jaidyn heard our conversation or not. "That's a lot of diapers, Missy,"

"Well hopefully you'll be there to help her with that," Lucy grins and I silently groan, my head falling in my hands. "I have a spare next so I'm splitting. Catch you later, dogs,"

"Woof woof," I call after her and she flips me off.

"When are we doing this booth?" Jaidyn asks a moment later.

"How about tomorrow during lunch?"

"Sounds good,"

"Where were you?" I ask as he shoves half of his burger in his mouth. I watch his strings chiseled jawline in amazement. He's so incredibly handsome.

"Just now?" He asks through his food before quickly swallowing it. "I got held up at my locker,"

"By who?"

"Alison," He rolls his eyes and shoves eight hot chips into his mouth. "Remember the other day how I told her Jar was talking about her mouth skills?"

"Yes," I say slowly, a nervous feeling suddenly coming over me.

"She more or less offered to go down on me so I could see for myself how good her speed was," He chuckles loudly. "No self-respect,"

I remain silent as I slowly pick at my lettuce. I've always known that the only reason Alison hates me is because of her insane crush on Jaidyn. Her jealousy overpowers her personality and she sees red when she sees me. And although I've always known she's easy for the boys, I never would have thought she'd straight out offer herself up like that.

"Is dad coming home tonight?" Jaidyn asks, oblivious to my internal thoughts and sick feelings of nerves and sudden anger.

"Tomorrow," I mumble.

"Are you okay?" He raises his eyebrow, the corners of his mouth pulling into a smirk. "I laughed in Alison's face, by the way,"

"Jaidyn," I mutter. His eyes are their usual bright color and his face has a little bit of stubble.

"Melissa this is how it feels," He suddenly frowns, his eyes hardening as he throws his napkin on his now empty tray. He stands and grabs his wallet, looking down at me. "You hearing about somebody's attempt to hook up with me, is nothing compared to me having to watch it actually happen between you and Tyler,"

With that said he turns and leaves me sitting in the cafeteria, wondering how we got to this point of confused feelings and mixed emotions.