That Night

As soon as Lyn gets home, he rushes around, attempting to clean the pollution his parents left behind before leaving. He lets Lilly out of her kennel to roam freely once again after tackling her owner with love.
   Lilly watched as Lyn slaved over cleaning the living room and kitchen areas, as they were connected, and tried helping by putting some loose food wrappers and old containers in the trash can. He ruffles the fur on the top of her head in thanks quickly before continuing.
   Once he finishes mopping and vaccuuming as fast as he possibly can, along with showering and changing into fresh clothes, he lays on the living room carpet, sprawling out over the freshly cleaned floor, worn out. Just as he's ready to fall asleep on the soft carpet, he and Lilly hear a knock at the door.
   "Could you get that..?" he asks of Lilly, and she trots over to the door, unlocking it, then barks once.
   "That would mean to come in..!" Lyn shouts, streching as he sits up, crossing his legs.
   "Hey, Lyn. And Lilly~" he pets her head a bit with his free hand. Lyn waves, yawning.
   "Sorry, I just finished cleaning. Anytime my parents leave, they never bother to pick up a single thing they left behind..." he says, standing up.
   "Though, it seems you've cleaned up really well..! It's a nice place, despite it's small size," Isaac says, setting his things next to one of Lyn's couches.
   "I see you've brought your guitar..! ...But I thought you usually didn't play for other people, you said..?" Lyn wonders, sitting on one end of the couch, while Isaac occupies the other, reaching for his guitar.
   "Well, yeah, but that's only because I've never actually taken my guitar away from home, and if I ever decided to play, my mom would try and catch a recording of it. It got annoying, so I never really played much unless I knew my mom wasn't around," he explains, strumming a random chord.
   "Oh, like now..?" Lyn smiles a bit.
   "Yeah." he answers, returning his grin. He plays a few chords, strumming each of the strings, ensuring the guitar's in tune.
   "Any requests..?" Isaac asks.
   "Anything you can play," Lyn answers, crossing his legs as he turns towards him, awaiting his concert with an excited look on his face.
   He plays a few notes, strumming a familiar tune, and Lyn's face curls into a smile, his cheeks a tad bit pink, realizing what the song was.
   He awaits for him to start uo the lyrics, but when he's supposed to start, he simply stops strumming.
   "Is something wrong..?" Lyn asks.
   "You won't mind if I sing, will you..?" he asks, and seeing the nervous expression on Isaac's face, Lyn smiles.
   "Not at all, I'd love to hear you, but... You don't have to."
   "If I do... Could you sing with me..? I know it's stupid, but I haven't done this in ages, and..."
   "I don't mind, I know the words," he smiles, Isaac following suit. Seeing Isaac so nervous when he's usually so relaxed sends a tingly feeling along Lyn's body, from his head to his toes. Waiting for Isaac to begin, he adjusts himself, so he doesn't fall off of the couch.
   Isaac takes a deep breath, and begins, first slowly, but he quickly regains the proper tempo.
   "Wise men say," Isaac starts, Lyn joining him,
   "Only fools rush in.
   But I can't help
   Falling in love with you.
   Shall I stay?
   Would it be a sin
   If I can't help
   Falling in love with you?
   Like the river flows
   Surely to the sea
   Darling so it goes
   Some things are meant to be..."
   The song continues until the end, when the two have subconciously grown closer together without their noticing. Neither of them move for a moment, Lyn simply looks at Isaac with stars in his eyes.
   "You're beautiful... I-I-I mean your playing is beautiful, a-and your singing, too!! I don't see wh-why you were so nervous before..! That was... Amazing, Isaac..!" Isaac sets his guitar aside, rubbing his neck awkwardly with a small smile on his face.
   "I'm glad you liked it... Despite the stupidness of the selection. I just picked the first thing that came to my head, I think it was on the radio when I headed to work today, so..." he looks over to Lyn to see his face shimmering like a child's in admiration of some new gadget they'd found or something. He can't stop looking at him. His eyes sparkle in the crappy lighting in the small living room, and he can't seem to get rid of this feeling swelling up inside of his chest and throat. He doesn't know how. He's never felt this way before, he doesn't understand.
   Lyn's heart is beating a million miles a minute, and it's thumping so loud he swears Lilly could hear it from across the room. He can't move. He's not sure exactly what to do. He knows what he'd like to do, but he's not sure if he could
even pull it off...
   But... Then again... Will he get another chance..?
   Lyn leans forward a bit, feeling as if he could explode at any given second from the amount of butterflies in his stomach, but it only grows worse when Isaac follows suit, the two growing closer together. Lyn can see Isaac close his eyes, so he does the same, ready to finally kiss him, when-
   BARK!! BARK!! BARK BARK!!
   "Lilly, what's the matter..?!" Lyn stands, immediately regretting that decision, knowing he kinda left Isaac hanging, but it might've been for the best. He walks over to the clear glass door where Lilly's standing, and looks out to see a small grey kitten, walking with a limp, one of its legs having been scratched.
   "Oh my god, Isaac, get some paper towels off of the counter," Lyn says, opening the door, and snatching the kitten.
   "Oh shit, is it okay..?!" Isaac acts quickly, bringing Lyn the whole roll, along with a small blanket that was folded on the arm of the couch. Lyn exchanges the kitten for the papertowels, letting Isaac hold the small kitten with the blanket. The baby cat bites and scratches at him gently, though it seems to be too tired to do much of anything, and quickly stops trying when Lyn starts treating the poor thing's wound.
   "I wonder what happened... The cut isn't deep, but it's sure tired..." Lyn says, moving the papertowels from the cut, checking it out.
   "That couldn't have been cut from a knife or something like that, so it's more than likely a stray. Luckily is eyes are open, and it was walking, at least at one point, if it could get all of the way here, so it should be able to eat dry food," Isaac points out, and Lyn seems impressed by the information he'd gathered.
   "Okay, and I've determined that he's a boy..." Lyn says, Isaac chuckling a bit.
   "My dad was a vet before he passed, and I used to help him out in the office, so I can't help it..." he admits, and Lyn smiles.
   "That's good... Do you think anywhere's open at this hour, or will you need to use your past vet skills..?"