Chapter Nine: The Accident

Remi, hey Remi wake up!

I opened my eyes only to find Echo and Kevon staring at me with smiles on their faces. Katelyn was toying with my hair. I lifted my head from my arms and stretched my arms back, yawning with pleasure of a nice sleep enhancing nap. I looked at Echo and I noticed how messy his hair was. Before I could ask him about it, Kevon did.

Yeah, man. What's up with your hair?

The girls man. They keep playing in it.

I'll fix it.

Katelyn jumped out of her seat that she had briefly taken. She pulled out a comb.

No no, that's okay.

Echo said with a nervous look on his face. I think Katelyn scared him. Katelyn sat back down, her cheeks turning a shade of red. She dropped her head and stared at the comb in her hand. I glanced at Echo and shot him a message through thought. I told him the he should just let her comb his hair. He sighed.

Kate, can you comb it after next hour. If you comb it now it'll just get messed up again.

Katelyn didn't look up, she sat still. I hoped she wasn't crying. Just because some boy she liked wouldn't let her comb his hair? C'mon.

You know, you can comb my hair if you really want to.

Katelyn looked up at him. Her cheeks still red. She shook her head, no. Just then, Trina and her posse approached the table.

Hey, Echo. Why are you hanging out with them? Wouldn't you like to start off at the top of your game?

Trina placed her tiny hand on his shoulder. Echo didn't respond. He just looked at her. Katelyn shot Trina a glare.

Eat a rag.

Trina looked at Katelyn with a slight smile on her face.

Oh, I'm sorry. Are you two coupled up?

Echo looked at Katelyn, but a reply was not given. Trina laughed.

Aw, it's cute that you have a crush on the new kid. Too bad he's out of your league. C'mon Echo, hang with us.

Piss off Trina.

Katelyn retorted. Trina placed her tiny eyes on Katelyn, and gave a half smile. You know then kind of smile that means shit's about to go down. Trina  turned to face one of the girls in her "I'm-a-true-bitch" club. It's funny, they are all taller than her, and yet she seems to be the leader. She took the tray away from the girl and stepped closer to the table.

Whoops.

Trina gasped as she tripped over her tiny feet and the tray "fell" from her hands, landing on Katelyn. Now Katelyn sat motionless for like twelve seconds in her saucy mess. Trina chortled and began to walk away. At this point Katelyn was trembling with pure anger. She stood up belligerently, knocking over her chair. She paced up to Trina.

You arrogant bastard.

Katelyn stated it a calm voice.

What? It was an accident. No need to get all saucy.

Trina spat back to Katelyn. Laughing at the pun she made. Katelyn smiled then squinted her eyes. I knew that was her total mortal combat face. Shit was about to get real. Stuff was about to go down. Katelyn leapt on her, punching her hard in the plastic nose, hearing a crunch before she staggered back, blood spilling from it. Instantly she grabbed it and shrieked, pain beginning to start. I began to laugh wildly as her posse just stood there, watching, waiting.

You bitch!

Trina yelled and went for Katelyn, grabbing her hair and pulling it. Both of them now on the ground. Trina was on top. Her nails were digging into the sides of Katelyn's neck. Katelyn wasn't taking that, so she lifted her knee and kicked her where it hurt. The little she-devil released her grasp from Katelyn's hair and slumped to the floor beside her. She curled into a fetal position, holding her knees tighly to her chest. Echo mimicked the mortal combat voice deeply saying "fatality". Katelyn got up from the floor blood from the scratches on her neck starting to flow. she harldy noticed. She was filled with so much adrenaline that she paid no attention to the security guard interrogating her. Katelyn walked back over to our table and sat in her sauce covered chair. She then sipped her water. Kevon, Echo, and I looked at her. Astonished by her triumphant defeat of Trina.

The next few minutes, Trina's "friends" finally helped her up and removed her from the room. I chuckled with delight. I know nothing would feel better than hurting that dog. Who said getting kicked in the private only hurts for boys? A few random people congradulated Katelyn on her victory. She was really starting to let all that go to her head. I got tired of seeing her neck bleed so I took her arm and pulled her to the bathroom. I grabbed some paper towel and ran it under some water. Then I lightly dabbed the cuts on her neck. Trina's blood was on Katelyn's shirt. Well, either it was Trina's blood, her blood, or spaghetti sauce.

Rem..

Katelyn looked at me with a smile.

Remi! I defeated Trina. I'm of higher rank, now. I can rule this school.

I looked at her to see if she was serious. I couldn't tell.

Remi, Trina was the head of the school. She was the head of our middle school. She always been the head. I've beat her ass. Remi, I'm the head now!

She was talking crazy. I just kept tending to her sores.

Remi, stop.

I stopped, and looked at her.

Things are about to change for me. Things are going to get better.

I looked at her questioningly. What the hell is she talking about? Is this post-fight madness? I think we need a nurse. I decided to just take her home. We walked out of the restroom only to face Echo and Kevon.

Kate. I'll take you home if you like.

Katelyn smiled then nodded vigourously. Echo took her by the hand and told us he'd catch us later. I smiled halfheartedly. I didn't want my delusional friend with Echo right now. She was obviously out of it. Then, Echo shot me a message.

"No worries Remi. I'm not that evil."

I laughed then looked up at Kevon.

What do you say we get out of here to?

I shrugged my shoulders. I could use some alone time with Kevon. We'd been doing an increasing amount of skipping. Kevon set his eyes on me intently. I smiled then nodded. He nodded along with me. Then tugged on my arm and walked me out the door.

We're going somewhere special. Forreal this time. Just you and me.

I smiled, and I think I blushed.

You ready?

I faced him and saw him looking at me, and not at the road. I said yes, and the engine roared. We were of to someplace, and I knew I was going to have fun.