Chapter Eight: First Day

Unanticipatedly I was awaken to what felt like my wrist being hacked off. I grimaced in pain. In a panic I reached for my phone about to call Kevon. When I picked up the phone, still sobbing from the excrutiating pain, I searched through my contacts. Upon finding Kevon's number the pain instantly stopped. I looked astonishedly down at my wrist which luckily was still attatched. I examined my wrist, trying to find out what had caused that left side, brain numbing affliction. I looked at what Echo had called my Identification number, then I realized, that's what he must have been talking about. My number no longer read "032819", it now read "032818" just like he said it would. I got teary-eyed when I thought about Echo. Trying to avoid the tears I flipped over, ignoring the beeping sounds my cellular device made under the push of my abdomin, and looked at the clock. It was three in the morning. I flipped back over grabbing my phone from under me.

Hello? Remi?

I looked down at the phone, oops I had appeared to of called someone. I looked down at the screen, and it read Echo. I gasped in happiness. Echo! You're not dead! He groaned.

Remi, you call me at three in the morning to see if I'm still in existance? Why didn't you just-

He yawned.

Why didn't you call me after you left?

I explained him the whole situation that had occured after we left Fresnos, excluding the Josh part of course. I thought back, remembering how sick all that was. He chuckled slightly.

That's what cell phones are for, you should of called me.

I sighed. He cleared his throat.

Well we can talk somemore at school tomorrow. I start your ever so lame highschool tomorrow.

I scoffed at the obvious statement.

G'night, luv.

I hung up the phone, not realizing how rude I was being by not saying goodnight back. I closed my eyes statisfied that my new friend didn't die the same day I'd met him. Before closing my eyes and going back to sleep, I sent Kevon a quick text.

"Echo is alive"

He didn't respond. My hero. The one who said he'd be here if I needed him, didn't respond. I berreled back over to my side, closing my eyes, trying to go back to sleep before I had to wake up for school. My attempt didn't prevail. I actually didn't go back to sleep. I just laid there, with too much on my mind. Soon a few hours past, and it was time for me to get up. I was groggy, I had only gotten about an hour of sleep. How was I suppose to make it through the day? I decided to sleep in, I had no other choice, there was no way I was going to get up, right then and there, take a shower, get dressed, and walk to the bus stop. No way. Then, my phone rang, of course it was Kevon. I answered it.

So Echo's alive, eh?

I murmured a response. I wasn't up for a chat at six in the morning.

Hey, do you want me to drive you to school today?

I groaned and told him how I didn't get any sleep.

C'mon, Remi. Echo starts school today, don't you wanna see how many girls fawn over him? Then see them get their little feelings hurt? It'll be fun..