Chapter Seven: Echo Explains it All

The first question I asked was why I had a number on my wrist. He grabbed my arm with his left hand and moved my bracelet with his right hand. He read the number out loud.

032819! Ha, that's interesting. Okay, so the story behind this number is it's your identification number. You see, you, my dear, were born into this group. It's called the Psíquico. "03" is your birthday month. "28" is the day you were born. "19" is the number of days you have left until your abilities come in. The number changes each day. Tomorrow it will be "032818".

Will it hurt when it changes?

Oh, yes. Hell yes. Yes it wil hurt like hell, but it only for like ten seconds.

I was scared. Although ten seconds wasn't a long period of time, pain was pain, and like many others I didn't enjoy it. I asked the next question: Why couldn't Kevon just tell me what I needed to know?

 Kevons new too the group. It's unfathomable I know, because he uses his "abilities" so well. He hardly know anything about the Psíquico. He's only been in it for about seven weeks. He recieved his mission to come and find you-

Why me? Why am I so important?

Well, you see. Your dad was a top member in the ps-

My dad? I interrupted impulsivley. My dad is a surgeon.

No. Your Dr. Morris is a surgeon. You biological father is Psíquico member 0003.

So you mean, my dad, isn't my real dad?

You..

He trailed off. My eyes were slowly filling with tears.

You..you didn't know you were adopted? I'm so sorry .I should of known that. I just assumed you knew. I'm sorry, Remi, don't cry. You can't focus on that now; I have to answer your questions.

I sighed and successively held the salty tears in. My voice cracked, but I asked another question: Why couldn't Kevon hear what we are dicussing if he's apart of this Psíquico?

It's not his time, nor is it his information that is being dicussed. So why should he know?

Well, what if I want him to hear?

That's not your choice to make. Now if you want to tell him later you can.

The Fresnos casheir lady asked if we wanted anything. We casually shook our heads, no. I asked yet another question: What are your powers?

My abilities? I have many. For one, I can read your mind.By the way, thanks for the compliment on how adorable I am. I have super sensitive hearing. I could tune in to whats happening on Mars if I wanted to. I can also knock people out; I don't really have to snap my fingers, I just find that more stupefying, and I have a special insight into whats going on, and what's going to happen.

So you're a psychic?

What exactly is a psychic, Remi?

You know, a person that can like, see into the future. I said that with confidence.

That's not my definition of a psychic, but by your logic, yes, I guess I am a psychic.

I looked down at my hands, trying to think of another question. So I asked what'd my powers be?

You wont have "powers"; we aren't magical, Remi. You'll have abilities, but sadly, we wont know them until they come, and if you're anything like your father was, you'll be very talented. The only definate ability is mind-reading-

Was?

Was? Was what?

You said "like my father was". What do you mean? Is he- dead?