Chapter 3 : Nightmares and flashbacks

Chapter 3

Middle of the night...

Riker POV

"Riker, wake up!" Someone whispered.

I opened my eyes, but only saw blackness. Something touched me, and I flinched, letting out this weird squeaking sound.

"Riker, it's just me, Ellington."

I sat up in bed, and squinted. But it was dark, and I don't have my glasses on.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You were making these weird sounds in your sleep like something was wrong."

I realized my face was wet with sweat and tears. He'd heard me having a nightmare. But not just a nightmare... It was the crash.

Just thinking about it again and being so tired at the same time made me start to cry.

"Riker, what's wrong?" Ellington whispered.

"I miss my mom and dad!" I cried, quietly.

I covered my face with my hands. I felt Ellington sit next to me. He put his arm around my shoulder.

"Riker, it's ok."

"Can I have a hug please?" I whispered.

"Sure."

Ellington pulled me to him, and I hugged him tight. I calmed myself down, and then pulled away.

"Are you going to go back to sleep?" Ellington asked.

"Um... Yeah... I just have to go use the bathroom first. We're allowed to, right?"

"Yeah. Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah..."

"Ok. I'll see you in the morning then."

"Ellington?"

"What?"

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"For coming here, and making me feel better."

"Oh... You're welcome."

Ellington went back to his room. I quickly went to the bathroom, and then got back in bed. I was still exhausted, and fell asleep quickly.

Morning...

Riker POV

"Riker. Wake up. It's time for breakfast."

I opened my eyes to see Ellington standing next to my bed. I groaned.

"Come on, sleepy head!"

He grabbed my wrist, and started pulling me.

"No... I'm not hungry..."

"Riker, you didn't eat anything last night. All you did was drink water."

"I don't like breakfast."

"Riker, come on."

"No..."

"Fine... Just know, you made me do this."

My eyes were closed, so I didn't even know what was going on at first. But he started tickling me! I squirmed all around, and fell out of bed. I only fell about a foot, but it still hurt!

Ellington handed me my glasses, which I put on my face. And then he led me to the cafeteria.

We got trays like yesterday, and food was put on them for us. We had cereal, fruit, and chocolate milk today. But my appetite was still gone.