Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

            Dear Antony,

                        I am writing this letter to you because the days appear long when I worry about you men out there. Weeks have passed and not much word has come on how things are. I know there is no way to get this letter into your hands, but I shall try whenever you send a messenger to King Earlton. I miss you, but am not to lonely. Marilee keeps me busy. On her time off we spend time together exploring a few places. However, we are weary to go far. When she is working I help her with her daily chores. Instead of wearing the dresses I have I wear some of the servant’s dresses. You may laugh when you see me, but they are very comfortable. I don’t draw as much attention in these clothes. You would be surprised at how many people come up to me still asking questions. Many people call me Renedy and then correct themselves, but those who make that mistake are the older ones. I try my best to answer whatever they may want to know. Except I do not remember everything; father tells me that it will help with my memory. He never refers to me as Willow.

                        I would like to explain the things that have been happening lately. When I am outside I feel as though someone is watching me. I have not mentioned this to anyone, because I wonder if it is my worry for the intruding warriors. However, I can not shake this feeling. Sometimes I think I see shadows in the forest, but this could be animals. I worry so much, and would love to see you come through the door to my room right now. I count the moments until you are back. Please bee safe and come back to me.

                                                            Love, Willow

            The following morning Willow awoke from a rough sleep. She got dressed and combed her hair. As soon as she finished she rushed to Earlton’s office. Silence fell through the room when she opened the door. Queen Savanna sat at the desk as a light flickered upon her face. It appeared as though she were holding something in her hands. Willow knocked on the already opened door and Savanna jumped.

            “Dear, you startled me,” she laughed lightly.

            “My apologies, I wanted to know if a messenger has arrived,” Willow asked walking over to her. Savanna cupped the ball of light in her hands and placed it into a drawer.

            “No messengers as of yet,” she shook her head and looked up.

            “Alright,” Willow replied slightly disappointed. “Was there a light in here a few moments ago?” she then asked looking around at the usually darkened room.

            Savanna sighed and reopened the drawer. The light flickered and danced through the darkened room. She held it in her hands, and it had a spherical shape.Willow gazed down at the glowing ball. A small image swirled inside of what looked like a dense fog.

            “What is that?”

            Savanna held it up and placed it in Willows hands. “This is a viewer which allows the one holding it to survey certain groups of people. The portalists created these years ago. It is made of crystal and harnesses solar power to reflect off of another crystal in which the group who is viewable contains. Currently Trevor and Antony hold the second crystal.”

           Willow’s face brightened, “so we can see if they are ok?” Savanna nodded in agreement and Willow focused on the image that swirled through the foggy inside. A large group of men stood in a darkened forest and was peering out into a meadow. A castle stood in the distance.