Chapter Four

Chapter Four

          An hour had passed since the kiss and the sound of pure silence echoed throughout the area. Not a golden silence, but a silence that was more awkward. Willow and Antony had sat on the sand and was relaxing. The cool Ocean breeze blew across their faces. Both of their minds were racing. Willow was thinking about the kiss and why it had happened. She still felt alone in this place, and wanted to know the answers. She was thinking about Renedy. Was the reason why he kissed her because she reminded him of her? “Willow remember, you don’t know him too much yet” she thought.  

            Antony knew what he done wrong. He acted on impulse and knew that those feelings were usually best kept inside. It was enough to drive a man mad. What would Willow think of him after this? Would she find feelings for him? Would she hate him for undermining her morals? He barely knew where she was from! Perhaps she had come from one of the realms that were rivaling against Heartmine. It was all so mysterious. Perhaps that was why the urge overpowered him so. 

            He glanced over to her and noticed she was staring out into the Ocean. Her expressions were blank so he couldn’t comprehend what she may have been thinking. “Why did you let yourself do it,” he thought to himself. “What if she gains feelings for you? How would you explain Bethany” his thoughts stopped when he realized the time must be getting late.

He prepared himself to tell her everything and with a big sigh he spoke.    “Willow, I am sorry.”

            She looked over to him and gave a half smile “for what” her voice toned unsurely.

            “I am sorry for acting on impulse. It was immature and un-royal of me. I have responsibilities and those responsibilities call for my duty. You may not understand…” his masculine voice quivered.

            Her inner feelings were burning with a fire that could not be put out with water. All she could do was remember the feeling of his lips and how it made her feel. For a moment she forgot where she was. Even the place she considered home was never a home, but for an instant she knew what home meant.

            “You don’t have to apologize, I kissed you back. I know that you probably didn’t mean it” her voice shook with anxiety.

            For a moment his breath escaped him. He knew she had a few possible harsh feelings for him. Still he felt she should know. As he looked into her mysteriously deep eyes a deep feeling in his stomach tightened. It was as if his insides were in a knot. However, she had to know… He knew that in a few months he was to wed Bethany. They had been betrothed for some time, but he kept trying to put off the marriage. His father would no longer let him postpone it further. He could never love Bethany. Sure she was an alright person, but he barely knew her! She was the daughter of The Head Leadsman who helped out and was close to his father. He knew her since birth, but it would never be love. Her essence usually put of a somewhat arrogant feel. He was not keen to it. It was those things that he had a hard time looking past when it came to trying to muster up feelings for her. As he continued to gaze into Willow’s eyes he wished he could take back that kiss.

            “I can not bring myself to tell her. Why does this seem so hard to do” he thought to himself in question.

            She was waiting for a reply…

            “I am in hopes that we can put this behind us” he asked knowing no other way to begin.

            Her heart dropped into the pit of her stomach. She knew it was too good to be true. However, she was at a loss as to why she was expecting a romantic reply from him. He was a prince, and was nothing close. She then remembered him speaking of Renedy and how apparently they looked similar.