Trust && Believe

Quanae P.O.V

Today is the day Dre's grandmother funereal. Every since the night we've first started staying at Demar and Yoyo's house, he's been acting weird. He doesn't really talk to me anymore, he just sorts of sit around on his phone, or ignoring me. Maybe it's because of the hurt he's going through. I just hope it doesn't ruin our relationship.

"Are you ready?" I asked Dre, coming into our guest bedroom that we we're still staying in. It's only been 4 days, and we plan to find a place as soon as we're done paying for everything.

"Nah. I ain't never been ready for this day. Am I trying to get it over with? Fa sho. Let's go." He grabbed his coat and led the way out. Yoyo and Demar was going to meet us at the church in about forty minutes. It's only 9:30 in the morning, and the funereal don't start until 10:30.

"Look i'm sorry Dre. I'm sorry. I feel like it's all my fault. I'm just trying to be there for you." I wiped my face. I didn't want to mess up my makeup that Yoyo has just done.

"I guess Qua." He grabbed his car keys and we were headed out the door. It's like he doesn't even like to acknowledge me. Was it my fault that she died? Maybe if this whole thing with my birthday party shit was blown out of proportion.

On the car ride there, it was completely silent. No music, no sniffling, no nothing. It felt so uncomfortable. I felt like I was in the car dead ass with a stranger.

When we go there, there were a few cars outside, but known I think was friends or family. We got out, and Dre lead the way in.

"Are you Deondre Perkins?" A black man wearing an all black suit, with a white and black stripped tie asked Dre, as soon as we approached the door.

"I am." Dre answered.

"Right this way. I am the pastor that you hired for this evening. They have your grandmother all suited up. She looks beautiful. Would you like to see her?" The man questioned Dre while heading to a back room. I was feeling creeped out so I snuggled closer to Dre.

"I just want to take a glance, but ion want to stand and stare." Dre responded. I see he was scared too.

When we go back to the room, there was her light pink casket. It was open and it showed her. I swear it looked like she was just sleeping. It looked like her skin was turning darker by the second, but the pink suit me and Deondre picked out made her complexion more richer.

"She looks beautiful." I blurted out. I kind of didn't want to say nothing. I didn't want to do anything to make Dre mad.

"She does, doesn't she?" Dre just stared her. He had a wide smile, like he was reminiscing a time with her.

"Alright, people are starting to arrive. Would you like to go out by the door to meet and greet people?" The pastor man asked stepping aside so that we can get out.

"Thanks man. I appreciate everything." Dre said before shaking the pastor's hand. The pastor smiled and nodded.

After that, we walked out to the front, while people came piling in. I never met any of these people, but i'm guessing most of them were her friends, since the rest of Dre's family wasn't in their life.

"Dre you look so handsome! Your grandmother sure knows she raised a handsome young thing. I bet she'll be proud to see how you put things together. God bless you." An old lady, hugged and shook hands with Dre.

Everyone was finally seated and service began.

************************************

It's been 2 weeks, and Dre still hasn't changed his ways from me. He still treats me like shit. Some times he even lashes out and snaps on me in front of Demar and Yoyo. It's so embarrassing, but what can I do? I can't keep running away from my problems. I think it's time to talk.