Chapter 15

Recap: I send an arrow in her direction and hear a sharp scream.

I peek around a branch to see Flares bloody shoulder. It looks pretty bad but she isn't dead yet. The injured tribute from 4 and Saylor escaped but I'm fine with that. I hop from the tree and look down at Flare.

"Sorry." I say with no feeling. She gasps for air and her loss of blood makes the cannon sound. I go back to the boy who is hanging onto life by a string.

"You never told me your name," I say to him. I smile delicately and he tries to smile back. He opens his mouth and squeaks out the words, "James.... District... 6," his cannon booms as he utters his last words. I carry his body to underneath the tree and stick an arrow in his chest so tht if anyone else comes by they'll know I was here.

I give a signal of peace, shrug sadly and walk towards the neighborhood. I notice many houses along the way but all of them are shabby and moss covered. I decide to choose a green one with a small garage, when I hear a girl screaming. Her voice is shaky so she must be running. I spot a bush with a hole before it an hop in.

I watch as a girl with curly black hair runs screaming from a boy with brunette hair. He has a bloodstained knife in his hand and a crazy grimace on his face. The girl runs into a yellow mossy roofed home. "Ha!" the boy exclaims.

Sorry for the shortness... Just a quick update.