Episode 7

"Hello, Dad."

"Hi-ya Kid!"

"I've been wondering about that Kishin that we were fighting when I got caught in its portal. What happened to it?"

"It managed to slip away while your friends were in shock. We still haven't managed to find it again."

"Hopefully you can find and catch it. It's the best chance we have to getting me back."

"Well, I bet you are still busy over there."

"Yes. Oddly, I had to eliminate two Kishin souls in a world where Kishin don't exist."

"Hmm. That is strange. I'm sorry, Kid, but I'm quite busy as well. We'll have to talk again soon."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye Kid."

Kid's eyes snapped open after his teacher had repeatedly said his name.

"Alex, are you paying attention?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Kid replied, wide awake now. The teacher snorted and began lecturing the class once more while Kid re-thought the small conversation with Lord Death. If that Kishin is captured, I'll have a shot of going home. Kid propped his head on his arm, not really listening to the teacher. He shut his eyes again, thinking about the Kishin souls at Cadmus Labs. But, what if my coming here has allowed Kishin to get a grasp of this world? I might never get the chance to go back. Kid sighed and opened his eyes. I can't be self-centered, though. Liz and Patty might never go back either.

"Dude, are you ok?"

Wally whispered from Kid's side. Their desks were right next to each other, a bad mistake on the teacher's part.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just thinking." Kid whispered back.

"You've been out of it since- you know."

The Cadmus Labs incident had only been three days ago, but Kid still felt that they had missed something- something big.

"I know, alright. But there's a feeling I can't shake. Like something else was going on but we all missed it completely."

"Well, you're not the only one. The entire team feels the same way."

"Something you'd like to share with the class, boys?"

Their teacher had popped into existence in front of their desks, folding her arms and sunlight glinting off her glasses.

"No ma'am. Just a close friend-to-friend chat."

Wally quickly improvised, once again leaning across the row to put his arm over Kid's shoulders. The teacher snorted and returned to the front of the classroom where she began talking again, but in hyper-speed.

The end of the school day came and they met on the sidewalk as usual. Wally seemed anxious to get going

"Come on! I am not missing another day at the beach." He finally said. Kid, confused, asked,

"Since when was there a plan to go to the beach?"

Wally smiled and answered, "Since the weather finally got better."

"Wait a second." Liz interjected, "We'll have to go buy swimsuits before we hit the beach."

"That's right..." Kid mumbled.