Episode 2

“Come on! I don’t care that it’s almost three in the morning, we’ve work to do!”

            Miss Martian had taken the initiative to get the three- Kid, Liz and Patty- out of bed and ready for the day. They’d only been there a week- and hardly had chances to prove themselves yet.

“We’ve got a mission! Hurry up!”

            She told them again. Her enthusiasm wasn’t having much effect on the trio. All of them were still half-asleep.

“A mission…?”

            Kid grumbled. He still hadn’t told the group his full name or his lineage or his powers. All they knew was that Kid was highly skilled in martial arts and had excellent accuracy when using the sister pistols. Their ability to transform into weapons was no secret.

“Yeah! Now we can see you in the field and how good a fighter you are.”

            Miss Martian beamed. They arrived in the main cave where Batman and the rest of the team were waiting. KF was munching on an energy bar already. Everyone else just stood and watched them approach.

“I know it’s early, but it’s necessary.”

            Batman said.

“We have reports of activity on Santa Prisca again. I know you’ll all not want to go back, but my suspicions are that Bane and Kobra have come together to make something against the Justice League; or against all of you.”

            Kid could feel the sudden unease grow in his comrades. Although he had no idea who these two enemies were, Kid could tell it all meant business. Batman even presented the enemy pictures.

“Recon only. Hopefully you can get it right.”

            Batman said.

“Be safe.”
            The group headed to Miss Martians’ bioship. Soon Kid found himself flying over the ocean, the island –Santa Prisca- barely in sight.

“Engaging Camouflage mode.”

            Miss Martian said. It was the first thing spoken in minutes. Kid recalled that the ‘entry method from last time was being reused.’ Just then Miss Martian said,

“Drop Zone A approaching.”

            Aqualad stood up and switched to stealth suit mode. Before he jumped out the newly opened hole, he said,

“Let’s rendezvous outside a fight this time.”