Episode 3

The team did their best to think of something.

“I could stick behind with Aqualad; keep an eye on him while you all have a separate plan.”

            Kid offered.

“We might need you though.”

            Robin said.

“Though it is a good to leave someone with Aqualad; we’ll need to have a plan, before we decide who doesn’t get in on the action.”

            KF said. Miss Martian said,

“Kid already volunteered to stay behind. Based off what we already know, Aqualad’s in good hands while we’re gone.” 

“Fine, but make sure you stay in touch, okay?”

            Robin gave up. The team, apart from Kid, Liz and Patty, prepared to leave.

“If you need help, I’ll be there, okay?”

            Kid told them.

“Right!”

            Everyone said back, smiling in their own way. After they left, Liz and Patty decided to nap. It only took about fifteen minutes for Kid to be alone and awake.

“Funny how this night seems to last forever.”

            Kid said to no one. He suddenly got the idea to check in with Lord Death. Kid got up off the sand, brushed himself off and opened up the link.

“Whazzup? Whazzup? Whaazzup?!”

            Lord Death answered in his usual, bouncy, cheery way.

“Thought I’d check in and say hi.”

“Thank you Kid. You haven’t called in, what, a week?”

“I’ve been trying to fit in with my team here. I still haven’t told them I’m a Grim Reaper or that I’m your son.”

“Why is that?”

            Lord Death asked. Kid took a moment before answering,

“Grim Reapers are nasty legends on this world. I’m sure that they’d be terrified and untrusting if they found out.”

“I see. They’ll have to know sooner or later.”
“I believe it’s still too early for that.”