Vickie and Robert (3)

There was this magic between us and over the next couple weeks, we got to know each other even better, although Vickie was always a little leery about offering me information about herself, other than questions I asked her.

.....

We had so much in common and we would play these little games with each other. Kinda like 20 questions, about things that we liked.

But the one thing about Robert that I was quickly becoming to love, was his sensitivity and how he always seemed to care about me and what I was thinking and what I was feeling.

.....

I did my best to make Vickie feel comfortable, but I always felt she was holding back.

I spent a few years in the chats on MSN and Yahoo and I was more than aware of the bullshit and lies that often accompanied social media.

As much as I wanted to believe everything that Vickie told me, there was always doubts.

.....

I never lied to Robert, although there were times I know he felt I did. It is very hard to get across what you feel in this media.

Typed words do not display emotion well.

.....

I wanted to Skype with Vickie or at the very least talk to her on the telephone, but she always refused for some reason.

.....

I don't like talking on the phone and I didn't even have Skype downloaded on my computer. I was getting the feeling that Robert was pushing to hard and I began to wonder why.

I told him that in time I would, but he always seemed so sad when I would not agree with him.

.....

I began to think this was all a game with Vickie and I soon learned that she had several other male friends who she kept in contact with.

.....

Robert got very upset when I told him of my other male friends. I tried to assure him that they were nothing more than friends, but he would not listen.

.....

I am not a jealous man, by nature, but this type of a relationship is hard enough on its own without adding more people to the mix. I suddenly began to feel that I was just one of her harem.

.....

Robert asked me to stop talking to my friends and immediately my claws came out. I am an independent woman and as a rule, I hate being told what to do and I sure as hell wasn't going to let some guy I just met tell me who I could or couldn't talk to.

.....

I threatened to break off our relationship if Vickie did not stop talking to these men, but she refused. I was so mad and confused.

Along with all of this, things in my real world were a mess and I just couldn't take it anymore.

It was becoming all to much.

.....

I tried to assure Robert that my feelings were real, but nothing seemed to calm him down.

We had a terrible fight one night and we both signed off mad.

I felt bad immediately, because I really liked him.

.....

The age difference, the other men, my personal life....

It became to much.

I honestly felt like I was going to lose my mind.

.....

The very next day, early in the morning, I signed in to Wattpad and went to look for Robert.

His account did not exist anymore.