No Where To Run

Darkness.

Only darkness.

I felt like everyone and everything had disappeared. I was calm. I could finally relax. Even though I knew in my heart that the world was still going on around me, I just took the time to breathe and forget. These were one of the few times in my life that I actually feel safe. I learned to embrace and cherish these moments full heartedly. 

I tensed up as I heard a noise in the distance.

It was smooth and gentle. Unlike any noise I heard before.

I searched for the noise in my subconscious. I needed the sound to come again. I yearned for it's smoothness and beauty.

The noise came again but this time louder and more frequent. It was not a noise but rather words.

As I started putting them together I was quickly rippped from my unconscious state and back to reality.

"Wake up. Wake up. Come on you can do it. Don't give up now. Wake up."

I heard the soft gentle voice stir me awake. I felt pain everywhere. Like a thousand little knives where stabbing me in the back and spreading around my body.

As I tried to open my eyes I groaned in pain. All I wanted to do was lay down and never wake up. To go back to the safe space in the back of my mind where nothing bad could get me.

When I finally got my eyes to open a crack, I saw a blurred shadow of a woman. I couldn't make out her features but I felt did not feel threatened by her. 

A wave of nausea hit me from ny attempt at opening my eyes. I slammed my eyes shut again.

"WAKE UP! WAKE THE HELL UP!" This time it was a rough male voice followed by agressive shaking. The voice. It was so distant yet so familiar.

My head hurt even more and I gasped out in pain, clutching my spinning head. My eyes flew open to see who had caused me such a disturbance when my brown eyes were met with cold blue ones.

Then it hit me. All the events of the previous day came racing back to me.

In terror I scooted my way backwards as fast as I could trying to get as far away from Cole as possible.

This is NOT real.

He is NOT real.

All these things that are happening to me are NOT real.

I am going crazy. I have to be. People just dont wake up one day to find that they have been taken by some stranger to Lord knows where, because their are dark scary creatures out to get them.

Yup. Definately crazy.

I keep scooting until I hit a wall. My panic increased ten fold as I realized that there was not other place to run. I was trapped.

I did the only thing I could think of... I screamed. I let out the most blood churning, toe curling scream i could muster up.

My throat was completely dry and my lungs were on fire but I kept screaming.

As Cole started stalking towards me I screamed even louder, not wanting him anywhere in proximity to me.

He reached out and grabbed me by the arm and effortlessly lifted me off the ground.

I thrashed around, trying to wiggle out of his stromg hold but this just made him tighten his grip.

He pulled me so close to him that I could see the dark patterns that swirled in his irises.