[INTERVIEW] 101313 B.A.P for Oricon Style

[INTERVIEW] B.A.P for Oricon Style

From Member introductions to the type of girls they like, We approach 6 Characters! K-Pop's Huge Newcomer's Debut in Japan!

The Charisma of 6 individual characters

---First off, your thoughts on your Japan debut!

Yongguk: We'd been waiting to make our Japan debut, so we we're very happy. Many people will listen to our music, so right now we are very excited and having fun.

---So about that, for us to get to know B.A.P please introduce another member to us! First, let's start with Bang Yongguk!

Zelo: He's the oldest hyung in the group, and very manly

Daehyun: He's a man among men!

Jongup: He's always a model for us

Himchan: He's stubborn as a rock and strong willed

Youngjae: He doesn't say anything besides what needs to be said, but he sometimes gets randomly excited (laughs). He has allure in both those ways.

---Next, Himchan!

Yongguk: Bright and lively.

Zelo: I'm the youngest member, but he is almost more energetic than me

Daehyun: Handsome!

Jongup: He's like a visual that popped up out of a comic book.

Youngjae: But opposite of Yongguk, Himchan talks too much (laughs). He's older than me, but feels like a friend as the group's mood maker.

---Daehyun?

Yongguk: He is always sincere.

Youngjae: And cool, and good at singing.

Jongup: Especially when he is hitting the high notes, he's like a tiger roaring (laughs)

Zelo: He's cool offstage too.

Himchan: But when he's hungry, that's all he can think about, those times he's a bit of an idiot (laughs). But that's also cute.

---Next Youngjae?

Yongguk: He's really clever.

Daehyun: He talks so much it's almost annoying, he has a bright personality. And his skin is soft and smooth.

Jongup: His face is small, it's an eye, nose and earful (laughs)

Zelo: Looking at that, even someone younger like me can find him cute.

Himchan: But recently, Youngjae promised to see a movie with me, but he blew me off.

Youngjae: Because I didn't want to go see a movie with you Himchan....kidding (laughs). I overslept, sorry.

--- (laughs) Next is Jongup

Yongguk: When he goes out on stage, no one can beat his coolness.

Himchan: His dancing and singing is really something.

Youngjae: He's younger than me, but he's so earnest it seems he's older.

Zelo: He's more mature than his age.

Yongguk: But normally his kind of zoned out. (laughs)

Daehyun: But his allure comes from him being zoned out as well.

--- Lastly, the youngest, Zelo.

Jongup: It's strange but whatever he does is cute!

Daehyun: His skin is white and smooth.

Youngjae: But lately he got taller.

Himchan: Since he's gotten taller, rather than saying he's cute, he's become more manly.

Yongguk: He's really together. He's very adult for his age.

---Thank you. Next, can you tell us a point about listening to your Japan Debut song "Warrior?"

Jongup: B.A.P is a group that says what we want with our music, and what we want to say is in the song.

Daehyun: Especially what Yongguk is rapping, that's the thoughts we want to get across, it's realistically drawn and what we'd like you to be aware of that when listening.

--- How was it recording in Japanese for the first time?

Zelo: I'm a rapper, so singing quickly (in Japanese) was difficult. I sing 16 syllables in seconds but the pronunciation isn't correct, so it's difficult.

Daehyun: But the meaning of the song is in the singing, so the feeling is also in it, right?

---Your title songs and lyrics are aggressive and manly, they're songs by "Carnivourous men," but are the members really manly normally?

Himchan: On stage we are manly, but normally we're like innocent high school students (laughs). All the members are like friends with high-spirits.

---But maybe you like the same kind of aggressive women. What type of girls do you like?

Daehyun: Firslty, all the members like kind, well-mannered qualities.

Himchan: And of course, a girl who is girly and cute!

Daehyun: We are all wild enough, so actually we're attracted to more feminine girls I think.

---Alright, lastly, almost at the same time as your Japan debut you will have your Arena tour. What kind of stage is it to be?

Daehyun: Compared to the performances we did in Japan and for our world tour which ended in August, we will show something different, I think. We were thinking of a stage to go with our Japanese fans, and also we studied Japanese so we can communicate with fans during the concert.

---Can you be specific about the performance?

Daehyun: We haven't decided on the small details yet, but we wanted to show things we have not yet shown with the stage set up and our many looks. 

Himchan: It will be a stage where everyone in Japan can get close to, so please everyone enjoy it!

---

cr. Oricon Style; trans cr bapyessir (Nicole)