[INTERVIEW] 130808 - B.A.P, "We're more curious about UFOs than girl groups"

[interview] 130808 - b.a.p, “we’re more curious about ufos than girl groups”

What could be the biggest interest of the idol group, B.A.P (Bang Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, Zelo), who have come back with their third mini album ‘BADMAN’.

At the recently held interview, a question that was just thrown out there nonchalantly received an unexpected answer. B.A.P’s biggest interest is not girl group members or fashion, but ‘UFOs’. Although I exploded in laughter, I decided to listen to the end.

Youngjae, who opened his mouth first, showed quite a serious expression and said, “Whenever we meet, we always talk about weird things. I think we have a lot of random thoughts like from ‘Do you think UFOs really exist’ to ‘How can we take over the world’.

Himchan who heard this, raised his voice and excitedly said, "But on a planet that isn’t Earth, there’s a world that’s much better than our current world, and the aliens there come to Earth occasionally to check on Earth’s development. They said that the thing the aliens ride over here is called a UFO.”

Youngjae drove a wedge between Himchan’s ridiculous point. He tilted his head and said, “I recently saw a video where a secretary of the Canadian Ministry of National Defense stated that there was a UFO. I’m really curious as to what evidence they used to prove that.”

To this, their leader, Bang Yongguk, laughed and added, “Our members have a lot of curiosity. If a strange topic is brought up one day, we endlessly talk about that topic and don’t feel satisfied until we find documents or movies relating to that subject. A member recently said that he kept hearing a beeping noise before sleeping, so we laid on the bed and tried to feel the sound.”

Although the youngest, Zelo, is in his 2nd year of high school, the oldest hyungs, Bang Yongguk and Himchan, are healthy young men at the age of 24. The age where they should be interested in dating as well. To this, Yongguk said, “Although there are times when we want to date, I think it’s realistically difficult because we’re at at time where B.A.P is really important. Also, when I’m with the members like this, I don’t have thoughts like that often. I think it’s more fun to play with my friends or the members.”

Besides this, the members brought up strange questions that they had normally such as ‘Why do scissor-locks happen’, ‘What are those strange dots you see when you close your eyes’, causing my laughter to not cease from start to end.

While looking at the eyes of the B.A.P members quickly go bright at topics like these, it felt like I was watching boys that appear in fantasy movies. Like the main character who is innocent, but has a lot of curiosity about the world, and will one day end up being the world’s hero.

B.A.P, who has the dream of taking over the Earth, revealed their third mini album, ‘BADMAN’ on the 6th at 12 PM. Including their triple title songs, ‘BADMAN’, ‘Coffee Shop’, and ‘Hurricane’, there are a total of six songs.

'BADMAN', which will be the song that's mainly promoted, has a melody and lyrics with an alert about the many crimes that exist in the world,along with B.A.P's performance that fights in the name of justice towards wrong doings.

---

trans. cr; akdongs @ tumblr | source cr; my daily ; take out with full credits (do not edit credits)