Chapter 8

The green car drove fiercely on the roads of Melbourne. Its retractable roof all hidden, the wind meeting her hair gracefully. They drove in silence. Many questions running through his head but he didn't ask. He didn't dare, he didn't know how to ask; any of these were possibility.

"Don't you have anything to tell me?" He started. She looked up, with eyebrows raising.

"No, don't think so." Is he annoyed? Is he angry? Both, or none.

"Can you now tell me why is that guy chasing you?" He demands truth, not lies but truth. Her eyes wandered back at him from her dress, after adjusting the long length.

"You want to know? Ok i'll tell you. I'm a spy and i stold a very important-"

"Can you stop lying?!" He hissed.

"Is digging into others' privacy so important?" She replied with a question. Then silence sat in, uncomfortably. Finally, the vehicle came to a stop next to a plot of corn field.

"First," he started. "I'm not digging into your privacy, I'm just worried. Second, to me, you ain't just others." She took a deep breath, feeling all kinds of emotions. And in a click, she pushed the door open and ran with her Converse shoes on.

"Wait Jihyo!" He shouted for her as he got down too. He's grabbing his chance, no matter what. He does't need answers anymore. He only wants to know her feeling. He. He wants her.

"Wait." He breathed, grabbing her by her arm. She twisted around, facing him.

"At least tell me. Do you have feelings for me? After all these days, do you have anything for me? Your past doesn't matter to me, I only care about your present." She looked into his eyes, which were filled with nothing but sincerity.

"Have you seen the movie Roman Holiday?" She smiled a weak one. "I escaped during my engagement. The man you saw, he's my fiance. I was just wondering, after I get married, i wouldn't be able to travel around so carefreely. So you're just an incident in my journey." His hands dropped from her shoulders, his face fell.

"So, you have nothing for me?" He whispered, fighting his tears. "No." She shook her head, with a weak smirk. He nodded his head lifelessly, turning around so his back faced her, and she wouldn't see his tears flowing down.

******

"Just three more days. Three more days and i'll be back. I promise." She begged over the phone.

*****

Months Later
He stepped foot into the resturant. Taking his seat, his appointment started.

"Do you remember her?" The man asked as he showed him a picture of her on his phone. He remembers, of course he does. He never once forgets. He chuckled deeply.

"You two must be married now?" The man's laughter was his answer.

"Is that what she told you?" He raised his eyebrows questionly, unable to comprehend the situation. The man pushed him a plane ticket to Australia, and a camera.

"Jihyo got me to contact you before she entered the surgery room, and all these are for you. I think you should take a trip back." He pulled the wrapper off the camera as soon as the man finished his words. Turning it on, she appeared, in the screen.

She fidgeted a little on the sofa after adjusting the camera. Swallowing hard, she begun after clearing her throat.

"Hi Gary. I'm sorry I had to lie to you, all those lies. And from now onwards, everything will be nothing but truth. I've got a weak heart since birth. So more than half of my childhood was spent in the hospital, while the other half was at home. I've never seen the outside World, only through screens of television and computer. I had to go for an operation. And according to the doctor, the possibility I may make it was small. So I decided to travel before it. And meeting you, was an accident. A wonderful accidental. I didn't confess my feelings as i didn't want you to feel bad nor regret having something for me." She paused as she wiped a tear on her cheek.

"And I'm not sure if the journey in Australia meant something to you, like how it meant everything to me. Maybe, and i'm saying maybe, if I didn't make it, follow my footsteps, go to the places I've visited. Feel the heartbeat I had, when I was there." She hung her head, tears flowing uncontrobally.

"I had no idea what to say, when you said you had feelings for me. Because I can't bring myself to tell you, I love you." She breathed. And the video came to an end. He couldn't believe his eyes nor his ears. It had been months and he too couldn't move on. The feelings lingered around, and is still there.

So he decided to complete the unfinished journey.