Chapter 6

They made way out of that area. Her phone couldn't stop ringing.

"Not picking up?" He asked.

"Yeah.."

"Why was he chasing you?"

"I owed him a lot of money."

"Eh, another lie huh."

*****

"Are you still.. mad at me?" They were in a bar, with slow music, beautiful nightview by the river.

"Actually you did nothing bad. And i can see that you're not a bad person. But, i hate it when people lie."

He laughed,"hate lies but yet a liar."

"Since when did i lie to you?"

"Hey, i've never heard a single truth from you."

"Oh please."

"It's true. I studied photography. I could tell from a person's eye, whether or not if the person is lying."

"Wow amazing. Let me try then," she pulled her falling scarf back to her exposed shoulder.

"Come on."

"I'm 26 this year."

"A lie." He sipped on his wine.

"I'm an orphan.

"A lie."

"My family is poor."

He studied her clothing,"a lie."

"I have a tattoo."

"Real, on your hips."

"How did you know?" She was amazed.

"I um.. saw it, the previous time." Shit, he thought.

"That doesn't count, it's cheating! Again." Thanks to her being drunk, he was safe.

"Umm.. I have plenty of friends."

"A lie."

"I.. actually am lonely in heart." She looked down.

"That's true." He looked at her with concerned eyes.
Silence sat in. They were both sipping on their drinks.

"Hmm.. This song, it's my favourite." She walked towards the empty dance floor unsteadily. Which resulted a knock on a guy who was leaving.

"Sorry.. Sorry.." The guy let it passed and left. He hurried to her and held onto her. She couldn't even stand still.

"Actually, i'm an expert in dancing." She turned to him.

"A lie. You don't even know how to."

She lifted her arms,"then teach me." She was drunk high. After some jumping and wavering around, she rested her head onto his chest. He carefully placed his hand onto her back.

"Hey, you've not told me why did you want to travel alone." He asked the question, again.

"If i don't do it, it'll be the end of the world." She mumbled, but loud enough for him to hear.

"As long as we're happy, so what if it's end of the world?" He replied. She lifted her head and faced him. They were so close to each other, that they could hear each other's breathing. She leaned in, and pecked on his cheek, then wavily got onto a sofa.

"If the end of the world is here, i'll be there for you." He said while sitting next to her. She looked up, looking serious.

*****

"Wow!" She was admiring the fireworks on the bridge outside the pub.

"You're sober now?" He followed behind her. She nodded her head with a smile.

"Just now.." He started but didn't know how to continue.

"Just now?" Does she even remembered?

"Wow, so pretty," is she even admiring the fireworks for real? She started jogging away from him, but slowed down after a little while. He clenched his teeth. And walked up towards her.

He was right behind her. Tapping on her shoulder twice, she turned around. Right before she could face him, he smashed his lips onto hers. Fireworks continuing in the back. But none of them seemed to be bothered.