-Part 1-

***

***

My name is Jirosen and I was the loneliest of all, that's how I could feel to myself!

I was standing in the soft sand as I feel a murmuring wave that rushes to the shore.

I always find myself staying here to watch the sun from the thin-straight horizon that seemed to separate the calm sea from the sky. I really appreciate how its golden streaking light would slowly paint the darkened sky that clearly mirrored in the glittering calm sea.

I am somehow relieved by being alone and the peacefulness of this place brings me peace of mind. I really love to watch the scenery which gives me hope in the days that will come in my life —- the sunrise!

My small hairs stand up every time the comforting cold wind in the morning touches my skin. Oh, how amazing this kind of feeling really is. I wish this was always what I feel despite the pains of pricking needles in my veins. I want to stay here outside because at least I could feel comfortable in here.

But then, I suddenly felt sad when I recalled the accident that caused me always lonely and hopeless like this.

I was just in elementary when I was hit and run by a reckless motorcycle driver that caused my legs to be badly damaged. I stayed at the hospital for months, where I drowned myself with fear that I could never walk again!

I have that imminent pity to myself that I would never be the same again. I can't walk by now and I would forever be like this because of the grave damage to my legs, and I really hate thinking about it. I'm afraid to face the reality that until now keeps on slapping me.

It even came to the point that I want to end up my life so I won't feel isolated. I can never walk! I can never have back the normal me anymore!

Why do I love to watch the sunrise? It's simply because I could see "hope" behind its hypnotic beauty. The "hope" that I do not see for myself!

I started to walk back when at a distance I suddenly saw a girl quietly sitting down on the sand and she was also watching the fascinating sunrise. She seemed to be teary-eyed, but I guess I was mistaken because when she looked in my direction she's wearing a broad and beautiful smile that lightens up her pale face. I was stunned by that smile, and I just found myself smiling back at her.

I do not know why, but I just suddenly felt a tickling spark deep down my heart!

[Part End]