My Life As An Escort (Book 1)

Hi my name is Cadence Joy Montgomery and I am an Escort, CallGirl, Whore just to name a few. I didn't choose this to be my life's profession but I needed money for the right reasons. You see both of my parents are deceased and left me to raise my twin sister's Olivia and Ashley who are now fifteen.

My mom committed suicide four years ago leaving a funky note that life was too hard to bare. Then a year later my dad dies of a heart-attack from drinking and snorting cocaine still depressed from my mother's death. I was a 21 year old junior in college majoring in Healthcare Management at Baylor University when I got the call. I packed up everything from my small apartment and headed back to New Orleans to take care of my sisters.

When I got back to New Orleans I found out that my dad hadn't paid the mortgage in almost a year and our house was being foreclosed upon and the car was up for repossession. The small whole life policy my dad left was enough for us to move into a one bedroom apartment for three people.

The apartment was equivalent to a crack house. Roaches sat on the table as if they lived there waiting to be served. The hot water worked when it wanted to and the lights would blink on and off if it got to hot outside. I was so scared to even leave my sisters that I would pick them up from school and they would help me clean, or sit in the back of the restaurant and or help clean Mr. Staten (my sitter job). I bought a gun just in case I had to use it. It was horrible, but I had to do something.

I worked in fast food, cleaned houses and worked as a sitter to help support me and my sisters. I don't wish that life on no one. It is a miserable existence to have to provide for three people on $250 dollars a week. My sisters grew like weeds and the only new clothes I could afford were from handouts and Goodwill. The food stamps we received didn't even cover us for the month.

I will never forget the day I was approached about being an escort. I had gone to work for a new client as a housekeeper in Uptown. Her name was Lilly Monroe and she was known as the Madame of New Orleans. I didn't know that because I was from the south side of the parish. Emily was a friend of mine that had broken her leg falling down the stairs and she asked me to fill in for her. Ms. Lilly agreed as long as I signed a privacy notice. What the hell did I know, the only thing I did know was that the money was good. She paid $500 cash to clean up her house per week for the next 6 weeks.

I caught the bus to Uptown New Orleans. It was a twenty minute bus ride from my sitter job. The bus dropped me off at Carrollton and I had to walk another six blocks.

I walked down the uneven sidewalks looking around at all the big houses. They were old but the character of the homes made it seem as Old New Orleans were reborn again. The architecture of the million dollars homes were priceless. Some were updated with huge columns and eateries tucked in between some. The trolley rolled from block to block letting off strangers that had some connection to this glorious area. I could have pictured myself as passing for a white girl enjoying the life of the city. Some people had mistaken me for my mulatto skin tone until they saw that my sisters were two shades darker.

As I made my way down the narrow street of Dufossat St. The house was three stories high with a four car garage. The outside had been updated and remodeled with a security entrance. The guard made me show my driver's license and he called up to the house. Thank God I had bought a bottle water to keep me from passing out. The heat and humidity in Louisiana is a killer mix. Once whoever was in the house approved me, I was given a ride up to the house in the golf cart.

The blue maid uniform I borrowed from Emily was a little tight but I managed to make it work. The guard who I later found out name was Marco, he rang the bell to the servant entrance. Oh how I would loved to have entered in the front.

A butler named named Harrison introduced himself and showed me where I would be working for the next six weeks. I had to quit my other jobs because Emily told me it would take a whole day to clean three rooms. The house had five bedrooms, eight baths, a pool and totaled over 12,000 square feet. She wasn't lying because every room I stepped in I was in awe. Harrison showed me just about every square inch of the house and I was in lala land. My head started to hurt just thinking about the cleaning I would be doing.

"Ms. Montgomery there are three cleaning closets located on each floor. The directions are on the door to each and they must be followed in order. Do not skip because there are cameras everywhere." He looked at me with narrow eyes.

I might be poor but my parents never taught me to steal and if I did who would take care of my sisters? "Harrison I am here to do a job and get paid, I can't afford to lose this job, so point to the direction so I can start. Thank you for the warning."

He stood back and handed me a clipboard. I reviewed it and placed it on my cart. I knew this was going to be a long day.

I started on the third floor. The room was dark with dress bags covering one half of the room and accessories on the other. I could see some of the long evening dresses that were cover with sequin and material that must have cost a fortune. I dusted off the bags and headed over to the shoes. The shoes were arranged by colors and heel height. There were Prada, Gucci, Louboutins and other designers I hadn't heard of. It seemed like there were hundreds of pairs ranging in all sizes. What could a woman do with so many shoes and dresses in different sizes? It was a poor girl's dream to live this life. Around lunchtime I had finished with the third floor, totally exhausted.

I looked back at the room and the room smelled clean and fresh. I could only use light pine oil and vinegar. I was told that Ms. Lilly liked everything fresh and in it's place. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen to eat the sandwich I brought from home.

The kitchen was the size of my apartment. There was a bar with six bar stools and lights hanging from the ceiling. The appliance were top of the line and no expense was spared. I sat down on the bar stool and pulled out my bag.

"Well, who do we have here?" I heard a deep voice from behind that scared the shit out of me. I could have sworn I was having a heart attack.

I turned around and saw a big burly white guy with a black tuxedo on. He was about seven feet tall with muscles made like superman. He had aged in the face with a scar on his left cheek but his voice was so deep that it reminded me of Barry White.

"Uhm, I'm Cadence but you can call me Caden." I said still not sure of what to think of him. He pulled out his hand from his pocket. I watched him thinking he was going to kill me or something so I closed my eyes not knowing if I would see tomorrow.

"Hello, I'm Benjamin Walker, Ms. Lilly's chauffeur and I guess friend. But I have been called other things." He said with a glint in his eye. He held out his empty hand and I was able to relax.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Walker."

"Oh please call me Ben."

"Alright, Ben it is."

"So how is it going young lady? Is this house bigger enough for you?" He said with a huge smile on his face.

Was he kidding? My old house was smaller than Ms. Lilly's backyard.

"Definitely, I have finished the top floor and a quarter of the second floor. I'm sure I will get the hang of it soon, since I will be filling in for Emily." Ben smiled and headed to the refrigerator.

"Well if Harrison gives you any problems let me know. He could be a stick in the mud and forgets where he came from. He's from Russia you know. Thinks just because he is tall he can rule everything. Don't let him scare you just do your job and you should not have any problems. I know he would hate it if he had to clean this house," he said laughing.

"Believe me Ben, I am here to do a job, get paid and get out of this line of work. I want to go back to school," I said not realizing I had over talked myself.

"What kind of school you trying to go back to? What you want to be a hairdresser, make-up artist, tatoo artist, what you want to be, girl?"

"Never mind, I better get back to work. It was nice meeting you Ben, see you around."

I couldn't believe I said that. I refuse to let anyone know what my life aspirations were. I made that mistake before and people just laughed, telling me I was crazy. Thank the Good Lord I had a scholarship to Baylor and didn't have to pay any loans back. I headed back up to the second floor to continue my work. A few moments later I heard an intercom going off calling my name. It scared me because I hadn't notice the panel on the wall opposite the light switch.

"Caden this Ben can you come down to the bottom floor to Ms. Lilly's office? It is the fourth door on the left from the stairs." I walked over to the intercom and read the panel. I selected the talk button and responded "okay."

I really had no idea where I was going. Harrison had taken me on a five minute tour which was quicker than a real estate agent. Moments later I had stepped off the bottom step and saw Ben standing in the hallway. "You call for me?" I smiled and he opened the door.

I walked in the massive office. It was something out of a magazine. The furniture all matched in mahogany and the floor to ceiling windows had sheer white curtains that covered. The matching ceiling fan hung above the floor and the chandelier sparkled of the rays of sunshine. I was overwhelmed thinking that I would have to clean all this. This day just got depressing by the minute.

"Do you like what you see Hon?" I turned around and saw a fairly young lady looking at me at the corner of the room. "You're right Ben she is stunning." I looked at the lady dressed in a purple sheath dress with matching shoes. She had a beautiful brooch that screamed "I HAVE MONEY!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare, but this house is so beautiful." The lady in the purple dress smiled.

"I'm Lilly Monroe and this house has been in my family for generations. I'm glad it appeals to you. Welcome."

I smiled taking her hand introducing myself. I hope she didn't think I stole anything because I really needed this job.

"I'm a little unsure why I've been called to see you Ms. Monroe. I just started today and if you noticed something I haven't done I will fix it, honestly." I said not taking my eyes off of her. She smiled at me and headed back to her desk. Why does everyone in this house besides Harrison smiles? It was getting kind of creepy.

"I hear you and Benjamin were talking doing lunch time. He said something about you wanting to go back to school. Is that true and what type of school were you trying to attend? I have what you call a "scholarship fund" that I am able to help young ladies like yourself out."

Was this a joke. Why did this lady want to help me out. I signed a disclosure form and she let me work in her house, why would she offer me a scholarship and what was the catch? Should I tell her what my ambitions are or should I keep them to myself?

"Well I attended Baylor University awhile ago until my parents died." I said not knowing how she would react. She held her hand out for me to take a seat. I was nervous as I sat down looking at Benjamin taking the seat next to me.

"What were you studying Ms. Montgomery?" She asked with a little excitement in her eyes as if I would tell her I wanted to be a doctor or a rocket scientist.

"I was majoring in Hospital Management. I wanted to someday become a Hospital CEO or Administrator." Telling her made me nervous as I watched her expression deepened.

"Wow, I was thinking more of a teacher or a social worker. Those are big aspirations for a little lady like you, Ms. Montgomery. I am impressed. I would like to offer you a chance to reach your dreams of course if you are willing to work for it."

I wondered what she meant by work for it? This was creeping me out. I wondered if she was a drug dealer looking for a runner. I wonder if she was selling dope or prostituting? Couldn't be, she had too much class for that.

"Did she sign the disclosure Benjamin?" Ms. Lilly asked as Ben handed over a folder. Ms. Lilly took the folder from him and opened it.

"What the hell?" I thought to myself. Were people watching me and I didn't know it. Ms. Lilly turned the pages in the file. She seemed impressed then her expression changed. She hummed to herself and glanced over at Ben. He smiled and nodded and she placed the folder on the desk.

"I see you had a 3.8 gpa at Baylor and were on the Dean's list every semester with a scholarship worth it's weight in gold. Congratulations on that accomplishment. You were valedictorian of her highschool and was on the basketball and softball team."

Damn, how did she know that? I only signed a disclosure, but wait it had something about a background check. Shit, I guess that's what I get for not reading the fine print and I always read the fine print. I think I was so excited that it was paying more than my other jobs combined that I zoomed to the signature page.

"Well Ms. Montgomery I think I can help you out. I see that you are living in horrid conditions and you are raising your sisters Olivia and Ashley, am I correct?" I nodded in disbelief that she knew my personal situation.

"I admire what you have done with what you have. I am sure you want the best for your sisters and I am willing to help, of course if you are willing to help me. I can help you get out of the situation you are in by providing an excellent education for your sisters, help you get your degree and help you live the life you want to live, but it won't be as anyone's maid, cashier or sitter."

Damn, this woman was good. She read me like a book. Was my life an open book where people could just google my name and my history appeared. But wait, what did she see in me that she had never offered Emily this opportunity? Why did she want to help a poor little black girl from the hood? What did she want me to do, must be awful and am I desperate?

I sat in my seat and looked at them both. "Why do you want to help me? This is the first time meeting me and you are offering me a scholarship." I said with air quotes.

Ms. Lilly said,"I see a lot of potential in you and you seem like a kindred spirit. I am usually good about these things. So the question remains, do you want to be a maid the rest of your life or do you want to be a CEO of a major hospital because I have the contacts?

"What would I have to do?" Why did that question make my stomach ache?

Lilly turned to Benjamin. "I have several businesses in the state. But my main business is an Escort Service."

I think my eyes must have bulged out my head. This was something out of a movie. Okay I was ready too leave. Was I ready to sell my soul to the devil? I went to church every Sunday with my sisters. I had asked God several times to help, but not this way. I shook my head in disbelief . Was I ready to do this? The questions of myself worth came into play. Would I have to sleep with these men or just be an escort to them?

"I think we may have frighten her, Ben. "

I had forgotten he was in the room.

With a nervous tone in my voice I asked, "what do I have to do? Would I have to sleep with them?" I looked down at my trembling hands, wondering why I was even contemplating this?

"Most of our clients request sex if they are interested. We have some that just want a date to go to functions. The money is really good. I can guarantee you that you can make as much as you want. It all depends on your attitude. I only deal with millionaires nothing less. One million plus. I deal with politicians, doctors, lawyers, even CEOs from around the world. If you want to live like this you can if you come work for me." She said with her

"How much?" I asked skeptical. With a devilish grin "more than you can count," she said grinning from ear to ear.

I took a deep breath. I thought about my sisters futures. I could afford to send them to private school, extracurricular activities and take vacations. Ms. Lilly was offering me my dreams on a silver platter. No more bus, I could buy a small house, a car, money in the bank, and happiness. The only problem was I was selling my soul. Would God forgive me, was the biggest question of all. At that time in the back of my mind was "yes." I could repent later.

Closing my eyes a lone tear dropped from my eye. I didn't want to do it but I had to do something. When this job ran out, where would I be?

"Okay, tell me what I would have to do?"

Both Ben and Ms. Lilly smiled. On Monday, April 12, 2010 at 2:13 pm, I signed away my very soul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Highest ranked Non-Teen Fiction #78 / Romance #91

I really like how this story is not just about sex but actually has a plot. It's nice to read something about people in their industry and to get a glimpse of what their lives may be like. So thanks. Enjoyed myself :-) skye78

All the twists and turns and pov's keep me on the edge . I was almost late onto work I couldn't stop until the the last word. Lol- MarionLaPointeTorres

Truly so amazing how you dwell on the surprises of the story., remarkably done!! More more amazing writer!! I can't wait!! Super love your story!! Keep up!! Lilly and Ben wow!!!they should be together really!! I hope they are really the parents of Cad!!- Leiyah24C

I.LOVE.U. I LOVE.U and I LUUUUUUUUUUV Ü!!!!! ur the queen of surprises and the mother of all twist and turns... NEVER did see that coming!!! who would have thought Ben is James... ONLY YOU!!!!!!- la_fabulosa03

This is one of the best books/ stories on here...I'm am up til2 30 readin this...thanks for theupdate- Iluv2read87

 I love reading this story, im still in the state of shock..... I cant keep myself from time to time to check for the updates.... melaiamadhay

 Amaaaaaaaaaazing- Jazzy9104406

Simply amazing plzzzzz update soon can't wait to read more- gayatri2

 A very good and interesting story keep writing like this. Can't wait for another chapter- kanshi123

 That is a very good chapter, really well written. Vtd

 Great chapter:)- MandyHilliard