Christina's Peril (Forever Soulmates Part 2)

BOOK 2

6 months earlier...

"Happy Birthday, Chica!!" Val and Charla yelled to a sleeping Christina.

"Please give me five more minutes," Christina yelled back covering her head with the pillow.

"Come on, we have places to go, people to see," Val said pushing Chris out the bed. "Go take your shower so we can go, Maxine is waiting at the salon and you know how she gets pissy when we are late."

"Okay, I'm getting up. Just give me a minute. That damn final was a killer." Christina rubbed her hands through her half straight half curly hair. She had slept so hard that her hair was slicked to her head from the slobber. The previous night was the first night in months she had been able to sleep, being in her first year of law school was a sheer nightmare.

"Meet us downstairs in forty- five minutes or I swear if you are not down Charla and I will drag your ass down," Val said walking out the room.

Being in law school had her up most nights reading and comprehending, but she had excellent professors. Some of them even taught her mother so they gave her a little more attention. Her mother, Lisa had graduated top of her law school class and it was Chris's goal to do the same. Chris attended Tulane University for undergraduate and now for law school. Although they offered her a scholarship, she turned it down so they could give it to someone that was less fortunate. Her parents had more money than some small countries. Christina's parents were patrons to the school so when she applied, they welcomed her with the red carpet treatment, but she still worked her ass off to prove to people that she could do the work not because her mother was a financial supporter.

Chris walked into her bathroom and looked in the mirror. Her normally bright green eyes were now bloodshot. She looked as if she had been up all night drinking. She was lacking sleep and to be honest, she could sleep the day away. Christina had smooth light, light bright brown skin. People in the South would always call her mulatto because of her black mother and white father. She looked over the red blotches on her face from the pillow indentions. Damn, I need more more sleep. Sometimes having her skin complextion showed her emotions and any compliment would make her blush red. When the light would hit her green eyes you could become mesmerized by the beauty in them. She had long redish brown hair that when straighten would fall past her shoulder blades that complemented her complexion and perfectly arched eyebrows that made her very attractive. She was curvaceous in all the right places, long legs and perfectly round breasts. Many in Oia said she reminded them of Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty because of her sheer beauty.

She turned on the shower and walked back to the mirror to brush her teeth while stripping off her clothes. Finishing up she pottied and got in the shower. Turning on her shower I-pod her song came on:

What? What? What? What?

I'm gonna pop some tags

Only got twenty dollars in my pocket

I'm, I'm, I'm hunting, looking for a come up

This is fucking awesome...

Singing the song was getting her hyped up. It was her birthday and she was ready to party. Finishing up her shower she put on her skinny jeans with a green Betsey Johnson one shoulder blouse with her green peeptoe Jimmy Choo sandals. She brushed her hair back in a bushy ponytail knowing that she was headed to the salon so she didn't care.