Chapter 9- Kissing In Cars

Eyyyy im updating yaaay!

this is sucky and sorta like a filler chapter cuz i need to be done with this story soon

im sorry ily

____________________________________________________________

Kellin's POV

San Francisco, CA

We’ve been driving for so fucking long. Jaime stopped for gas about five times and we all switched driving shifts. Driving a bus was pretty fun when all of the roads were deserted. You could speed as much as you wanted and not get pulled over by the cops.

Mike had his little section in the back of the bus where he listened to rap music and smoked weed. He had the windows open because Vic and I complained about the smell too much.

“Do you ever wonder what we would be doing if we weren’t driving in a zombie apocalypse?” Vic asked, staring out onto the road. We were the only ones awake because everyone else was sleeping in the back of the bus. I had a hint of insomnia so I stayed awake while Vic drove.

“I would probably be failing all of my classes while playing Black Ops in our room by myself,” I said with a chuckle.

“Did you have a girlfriend back in Florida?” Vic suddenly asked, sputtering it out of his mouth as quickly as possible.

I shook my head. “To be completely honest, I’m not really sure that I’m even into girls.” My eyes widened as I realized what just came out of my mouth. “I didn’t – I’m not – sorry.”

Vic chuckled and stopped the bus, finally turning to me. “Do you mean that you think you might be... gay?” He asked with an innocent look on his face.

“Please don’t tell anyone,” I whispered, looking to the back of the bus where everyone was still sleeping soundly.

“Kel, it’s fine. Look – since we’re telling each other secrets, I might as well tell you what’s been on my mind. Kellin I... I think I like you,” Vic confessed with an ashamed look on his face.

“Well, there’s only one way to find out, right?” I said with a small smile.

“What- what do you mean?” Vic asked, looking into my eyes with a confused expression.

Before thinking anything through, I crashed my lips onto his for about a half a second before pulling away and adverting my eyes to the empty road. That kiss didn’t feel like any ordinary kiss. I wasn’t sure what it was though....

“That was... nice,” Vic said, awkwardly.

I burst out laughing but quickly covered my mouth so I would wake everyone up. “It’s safe to say that the feeling’s mutual, Vic. I’m going to bed now,” I said, laying down on one of the bus seats.

I heard Vic sigh happily to himself before getting back to driving.

“I think they’re getting out of the car.”

“What do we do?”

“Are they going to kill us?”

"What if they sacrifice us to the zombies?”

“Jaime, don’t be stupid! There aren’t any zombies out here.”

“Yet.”

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, sitting up to monitor the situation. I looked ahead of us where there were two people getting out of a car, coming towards the bus. “Vic, drive!” I yelled.

“No!” Vic yelled back.

“Trust me, we’ve already tried getting Vic to move this fucking bus,” Jaime said, looking back at me. “He won’t move the bus until the last minute where we’re about to die and he’s putting all of our lives at risk. Don’t worry though, apparently he knows what he’s doing.”

Slowly, Vic opened the bus doors and the two people came in. I tightly clutched the baseball bat behind me in case it was needed.

“We don’t want to hurt you. We just want to help you. We have lots of food if you need it,” a girl explained in a calm voice.

 “How are we supposed to trust you?” Jaime asked, glaring at the two.

“My name is Lydia and this is my friend, Matt. Matt has a depressed friend in the backseat of his car and the car is starting to break down. He’s not from around here and I’m not familiar with this area. We figured if we could get some help, we can be a great asset for each other.”

“She’s hot – let her in!” Mike yelled from the back of the bus.

“Shut up, Mike!” Vic yelled, turning back to the two people. “I don’t see a problem with it. You two seem fine and the ride was getting boring anyways,” he said with a friendly smile.

They smiled back at him. “Thank you so much. We’ll just go back to our car and get a few things,” the guy said in a thick British accent, leading the girl out of the bus.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Jaime asked, worriedly.

“I’m positive, Hime.”

I sat back quietly and watched the people grab some things from the back of their car. They soon started walking back to the bus with another person and bags full of food.

“Hi everyone. This is Lydia and Oli and I’m Matt,” the first British guy said once they got onto the bus and Vic closed the doors behind them.

“Do I smell drugs?” Oli asked, slowly making his way to the back of the bus.

“You look like you need something, man,” Mike said, passing a blunt to Oli.

Without another word Oli took the blunt and inhaled deeply. He sighed in satisfaction after a few drags.

“Sorry about him... his girlfriend just died,” Matt explained, taking a seat next to Lydia in the seat across the aisle from mine.

I stayed quiet and kept to myself, until I felt the spot beside me sink a bit. I looked up to see Vic offering me a bag of chips.

I laughed and grabbed a chip. “Thanks,” I murmured.

“No problem. You know what Kel, I think things are finally turning around now.”