8. It Was All A Bet?

Baekhyun's POV

When I woke up I felt warmth next to me, or more accurately around me, and I smiled. Chanyeol had his arms securely around my waist and our legs were tangled together. I guess he carried me up here last night because all I remember is falling asleep during a movie.

Making a move to get up I was stopped when Chanyeol pulled me back down so I was lying on my back as he nuzzled his head against my neck.

"No. I'm comfy." He said, his voice husky from just waking up.

Damn...

"Channie~ we have to get up for school. I don't want to be late." Sighing he accepted and let me get up and we both started getting ready.

***

Classes seemed more boring today than any other. I wasn't sure if I should blame my tiredness or just plain lack of caring, but it didn't matter. I was waiting for the final bell to ring so I could go meet up with Chanyeol before his practice like always.

The bell finally sounded and I tiredly got up from my seat and put my backpack over my shoulder before walking out. Was I even going to stay for his practice? Probably not, I just want to go home and sleep.

Walking into the gym I was going towards the door to the locker room when I heard someone talking. Me, being the curious person I am, decided to lean against the wall and listen. I recognized two of the voices as Sehun and Jongin and decided it probably wasn't worth listening.

Until I heard Chanyeol's voice.

Chanyeol's POV

As soon as I walked into the gym after classes I went into the locker room, glad no one but Sehun and Jongin were there.

"I want to end the bet."

"Aww did our Channie lose?" Sehun mocked.

"No! I don't fucking love him, but I know he's been through some shit."

"Since when do you care about how someone is feeling? Last time I checked you'd do anything to win a bet." Jongin cut in.

"No one that has ever been part of our bets have been hurt before we did anything. They've all been sluts or just dumb fucks."

"Admit you fell for him and bets over." They both smirked and I was getting pissed off.

"I don't love him! I don't love him I don't like him okay, I just feel bad for him! That's the only god damn reason." I yelled and turned around to walk out.

When I opened the door and walked out I saw Baekhyun look at me wide eyed before he ran past me. "Baek wait!"

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck this wasn't supposed to happen.

I easily caught up to him, because of my long legs and I'm just a fast runner. Before he could run out of the building I grabbed his wrist and turned him around to face me and my heart broke when I saw the tears streaming down his face.

"Baek please let me explain this."

"What the hell is there to explain?! You obviously never gave a single fuck about me. When you told me you liked me it was a fucking lie. Chanyeol I was trusting you!" He sobbed, sliding down the wall to sit on the floor.

Crouching down in front of him I lifted his chin so he'd look at me. "Please, that's not true, just let me explain."

"Baek- Chanyeol what the hell happened?" I heard Luhan's voice and looked up.

Sehun and Jongin jogged to us and stopped, their eyes wide. As soon as he saw Luhan, Sehun tried to back away but was grabbed by the collar.

Luhan's POV

I walked over to Baekhyun, pushing Chanyeol away before helping him up. I lead him to my car and set him in the passengers seat then walked back inside.

"I'm giving you time to explain yourselves so go."

They all took part in explaining what happened with the bet and then what Baek overheard. Was I mad? No.

Was I pissed beyond belief? Hell yes.

Walking up to Chanyeol I smiled sweetly before kicking him straight in the balls, making him double over. Then I walked to Sehun.

"I can't fucking believe you helped with this! I can't fucking believe any of you!" I made sure to take my ring off before slapping him and then turned around to walk out.

"What about Jongin?" Sehun asked.

"I'll let Kyungsoo deal with him." I smirked and their eyes went wide.

I walked back to Chanyeol and grabbed a fist full of his hair, making him look up at me. "I trusted you with my baby brother and you pull this shit? Don't go near him ever again."

***

After dinner I went up to Baekhyun's room, seeing him curled up under the blankets, though I knew he wasn't asleep. Calling his name I shut the door, sitting on the edge of his bed. When he sat up I got a look at how horrible he actually looked. His eyes were red and swollen from crying, and his cheeks were streaked with dried tears.
Sighing I got under the covers beside him and pulled him into a tight hug, allowing him to sob into my shoulder.

I hated seeing him like this. I've seen it too many times before and I never wanted to see it again. Truthfully I trusted Chanyeol to take care of and look after him, trusted that he wouldn't be like the last guy and break him anymore. What hurt me as well was knowing Sehun was in on this, never in the two years I've been dating him did I expect him to do something like that.

Rubbing Baekhyun's back I hummed a random song that came to mind and stayed there with him until he fell asleep. Or more accurately, cried himself to sleep.