Chapter Eleven: The Buckley Ball Part 1

*Lucinda’s POV*

That whore.

That fucking whore, she has to ruin everything for me. It wasn’t enough that she stole my man but now she’s the bell of the ball. Lord knows how dearly I wanted to kill her.

All week long I’ve been hearing’ Jessie this and Jessie that, I mean what’s so god damn special about her? She’s not even that pretty; no one is compared to me. And that’s what only men cared about, how pretty a girl was on the outside.

Y’ know what really makes my blood boil?

Cam bought her flowers.

He never, not once, not ever, bought me flowers.

I know what’s been going on between the two of them, the slut has probably given him a night he wouldn’t forget; why else would he buy her flowers?

Then after he buys her flowers—a room full I heard—they have a big ol’ fancy dinner. Apparently they couldn’t stop starin’ into each other’s eyes.

What is so fuckin’ perfect about Jessie the lousy stable hand?

There’s only one way to solve my problem with her: have James seduce her and have Cam see it. Then the whole town will think she is a whore who tried to go after my man, probably would be kicked out of town.

Hopefully, she will be.

But how to orchestrate the planned affair? Hmmm. . .it has to be some-where public, some-where social with alotta people watching her. . . . .

The Buckley Ball.

Perfect, absolutely perfect for me to sabotage her life. Everyone who’s anyone will be there, all fancy and watching as they see her cheating on Cam.

So I’ll wait for the time being, and I’ll have James in on the plan. I see the way he looks at her as well, how he has this excited glint in his frosty eyes as he watches her like a predator.

To be honest, I don’t know why I cheated on Cam with his best friend James. Maybe it was because James took me out to places I’d never been, bought me flowers and dined in fancy restaurants where as Cam would be a stay at home man, a drink in his hand and a book in the other.

But I still want Cam.

He still gave me the ride of my life, gave a pleasure not even James could barely give me. And now Cam is givin’ all his lovin’ to her.

I have to stop this, I have to ruin Jessie’s life to get mine back.

Jessie’s POV

Oh crap, oh crap oh crap!

Tonight is the Buckley ball, I remembered as I woke up hazily from the dream I had.

Immediately my heart started pounding painfully, the sound echoing in my ears.

I shouldn’t be this nervous right? It’s only just a ball!

But everyone in town will be there, all dolled up and judging. And. . . Cam will be my date, so he’s told me.

I mean the way he asked me out was a bit. . .adorable.

*Flashback To Yeserday*

“Hey Jessie, gotta second?” a familiar voice boomed, making me flinch out of shock.

Damn cowboy! He knows how much I hate being snuck up on. Yet he still does it, for fun.

What a asshole.