[Chapter Three: The Advance Guard]

Ash and I have just been attacked by Dementors and might be expelled from Hogwarts. I want to know what's going on and when we're going to get out of here. She's going to kill us all if we don't get answers.

I went on to write:

He's right! Fill us in or I will go on a rampage! I'd just like to know!

Harry and I both copied these words on to three separate pieces of parchment the moment he reached the desk in his dark bedroom. He addressed the first to Sirius, the second to Ron and the third to Hermione. His owl, Hedwig, was off hunting; her cage stood empty on the desk. Harry paced the bedroom waiting for her to come back.

Up and down he paced, seemingly consumed with anger and frustration, grinding his teeth and clenching his fists, casting angry looks out at the empty, star-strewn sky every time he passed the window. I didn't want to say anything, fearing I'd upset him. It was true that we had a lot to process right now. Dementors sent to get us, Mrs. Figg and Mundungus Fletcher tailing Harry in secret (Trying to follow me, and failing.), then suspension from Hogwarts and a hearing at the Ministry of Magic - and still no one was telling us what was going on.

And what, what, had that Howler been about? Whose voice had echoed so horribly, so menacingly, through the kitchen?

Why was he still trapped here without information? Why was everyone treating us like a couple of delinquents? Don't do any more magic, stay in the house...

Harry kicked his school trunk as he passed it, and I jumped, clutching my chest. I hadn't ever seen him so violent, so angry. Then again, I'd never seen him outside of Hogwarts.

Just as he limped past the window, Hedwig soared through it with a soft rustle of wings like a small ghost.

"About time!" Harry snarled, as she landed lightly on top of her cage. "You can put that down, I've got work for you!"

Hedwig's large, round, amber eyes gazed at him reproachfully over the dead frog clamped in her beak. I couldn't help but to giggle quietly, which earned me a stern glare from Harry.

"Lighten up, Harry."

"Lighten up? Ash, we were just attacked by dementors! Not to mention, expelled from the only home I've ever known," He yelled, "How do you expect me to be peachy about the situation?" 

"Harry, calm down, I'm on your side." I said in an oddly squeaky voice, unlike my own, "Hogwarts was my home too. It always will be. But in times like these you just have to keep your head up. Nothing good has ever came from being depressed."

Harry turned away from me, looking as if he no longer wanted to speak and I was being ridiculous.

"Come here," said Harry to Hedwig, picking up the three small rolls of parchment and a leather throng and tying the scrolls to her scaly leg. "Take these straight to Sirius, Ron and Hermione and don't come back here without good long replies. Keep pecking them till they've written decent-length answers if you've got to. Understand?"

I could almost imagine the sort of hurt confusion in Ron's eyes whenever Hedwig decides to peck him. The cute little blank stare and a, "Bloody Hell, what was that for?"

Hedwig gave a muffled hooting noise, her beak still full of frog.

"Get going, then," said Harry.

She took off immediately. The moment she'd gone, Harry threw himself down on his bed and stared at the dark ceiling.

"You think they'll reply soon?" Harry asked.

"They're bound to write back quickly; they can't possibly ignore a Dementor attack." I said reassuringly.