Speechless

The weeks went on quite well. I can say I’ve adjusted. I’ve had friends as well. And what relieved me most was I wasn’t the only person there who was above 20.

It was a sigh of relief for my shame.

Classes had also have become taxing, most kids were intoxicated already with the workload. But as for me, except for Accounting, I’m breezing through everything.

Technical Writing as well, that was out of the question. Even though that Aries girl never approved of me however I tried to goddamn impress her with my style, strategies, plans, and presentations. She would always simply say OKAY to me, while she would give praises to the others even if their works were half-assed and looked like crapload.

One afternoon, classes were suddenly cancelled due to expected heavy rainfall. I decided to pass by the faculty room, half wishing she was there. I don’t know why that girl intrigued me, and annoyed me.

I popped my head in the office door. I instantly had eyes ogling over me. Not to boast, but even in plain clothes I still looked damn good.

“Yes Sir? What can I do for you?” A middle-aged woman saucily asked. Didn’t know who she was, didn’t care.

“I’m looking for Ari… Ms. Aries.”

The woman’s smile faded and turned into an ill-looking smile, “Oh, she’s gone already. Why?” I hardly answered and I turned to go out immediately. I might still catch up on her.

What was I thinking?

I shook the idea off and decided to go home since the skies were getting darker every passing minute. As I was passing by the corner, the rain started to pour hard. People were running havoc and traffic was starting to build up.

Then I saw her.

She looked like a drenched kitten getting harassed by rushing people in the crowd. I instantly worried, she might get hurt or whatever, the area looked dangerous for her. I parked right in front of her and waved.

Her almond eyes widened in surprise, she smiled and waved back. I rolled my window down.

Me: “Get in.”

Aries: “No, but thank you.”

Me: “What? Why?”

Aries: “Uh… just no please.”

Me: “No. I won’t leave you here. Look at that rain. Get in.”

Aries: “Why am I always arguing with you? I said no already.”

Me: “You’d let me get killed by my conscience for leaving you here?”

She didn’t answer.

Me: “You don’t even have an umbrella. And you call yourself a woman?”

She was about to react violently when a lightning struck across the dark sky.

Me: “Don’t let me drag you in.”

She sighed heavily and got in. She looked uncomfortable and, well, miserably soaked. It was really heavy traffic and we sat in silence. I was watching growing car lights, while she was facing the window consistently ever since she got in.

I reached back and grabbed my spare clean shirt and gave it to her.

Me: “Use it to wipe yourself dry. You’d get sick.”

Aries: “I’m okay, thank you anyway.”

Me: “Don’t make me wipe you babe, I have other things to use.”

She blushed! Finally! Damn if she didn’t.

Aries: “You really are so full of yourself.”

Me: “Is that how you think of me.”

Aries: “I see you as an arrogant, cocky, overconfident, womanizer.”

Wow, this woman has the guts to berate on me even if I’m doing her a favor already.

Me: “And you are one cold-hearted bitch.”

She had her mouth hung open in disbelief and was about to retort, but she chose not to. She sat back and shook her head.

Me: “And you finally get a taste of your own tongue.”

Aries: “And what is that supposed to mean?”

Me: “Be kind to me, I’ll be kind to you.”

Aries: “That’s not going to happen.”

Me: “Why so?”

Aries: “I know your kind; you try to sneak under women’s skirts when you can.”

What a freaking judgmental bitch. I just laughed at her comment.

Me: “Good thing I don’t consider you a woman.”

Aries: “What?”

Me: “You’re just a girl playing teacher.”

Aries: “Oh you don’t go judging me, you don’t know me.”

Me: “Likewise babe.”

Aries: “Stop calling me that.”

I laughed. I wondered why was it amusing to piss her off.

She started to relax. She even asked permission if she could put her bags at the back seat. I took it from her and she was sitting comfortably. She was using my shirt to dry her arms, neck, and her really pretty black hair. A lock fell on her face and without thinking I reached for it and tucked it behind her ear. She blushed beet red.

We fell silent. The rain was pouring hard. We were stuck in traffic.

It was the first time in my life that I ran out of words to say.

10/11/2013