An Easy Surrender

Jesus Christ. What have I gotten myself into?

I’ve had my time in my former university: single, athletic, with a care-free easy majorship. I was damn good at arts, and at running as well. I was fairly built before and I don’t have to brag but ever since girls have been running after me already. And being a Fine Arts student, and aspiring photographer, girls love it when we hold an exhibit and they find that I’ve stolen pictures of them and showcased them there.

There was one particular girl that I have chanced to steal a photograph as she was messily eating an ice cream. It was my favorite photograph of all time. She looked very pretty with her long hair draping on her shoulders, her eyes shone brightly in the sun, and her smile was enchanting. I never got to meet her though, if I did, I would’ve had her in an instant. That was how cocky I was even before.

And so, I’m back again.

But what the heck, I’M A STUDENT. I’m Leo, an established fashion photographer, and now I’m a first year university student again!

*Flashback*

Mom: “Leo you have to admit, you don’t know squat on how to run a business”

Me: “BUT MOTHER! I AM GODDAMN OLD FOR THIS!”

Dad: “Stop your cursing Leonard! We never raised you to have such vocabulary.”

Me: “Jesus! Why the hell did I ever come back?!”

Dad:  “You wouldn’t want me to die of another heart attack?”

Me: “Father, clearly, you want me to die of shame! I’m a professional already and you want me to go back to studying?!”

Mom: “It’ll be easy as a breeze dear. We’re here to fully support you.”

Me: “THAT IS NOT THE POINT!”

Mom: “Please dear, people at your dad’s work know you and respect you as much as they respect your dad. And they expect you to take over a few years from now. How will you manage them if you don’t know anything?”

Me: “I can learn some other way! Or I can work immediately, starting from the lowest or dirtiest job! JUST NOT GO BACK TO SCHOOL!”

Dad: “You already know those, what you need to know is how to handle and sustain the money in the business. You never learned that. And you have to learn how to deal with people professionally. Not make your business deals in bed!”

Mom: “Exactly. You don’t go having sex with anyone in a skirt.”

Me: “Wow, some people you are.”

Mom: “You might be far, but you’re our son, we know how you work.”

Me: “Alright, but damn, at least let me choose where.”

Mom: “Yes yes yes! We’ll do the arrangements once we get home.”

*End of flashback*

I sat at the back corner, hating every bit of my life. Boring, dull, shitty, crappy. Name it, I feel it. This sucks definitely. I’ve been through this for four years, and it will replay in another four years.

How worse can life get?

10/11/2013